Do you use the 2nd screen always on display?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you use the 2nd screen AOD (always on display) when the main screen is turned off? I usually keep it off because I want to save battery (though it doesn't really use much battery). Also concerned about any possible long term effects on the screen such as the display getting worn out. (If you look at TVs being displayed 24/7, you'll notice some type of burn in). Former V10 owners, what were your experiences?

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My second screen is handy for music player controls when need to quickly pause and to activate Bluetooth on and off. I also keep screen capture, calculator, and flashlight for those times I have needed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Do you use the 2nd screen AOD (always on display) when the main screen is turned off? I usually keep it off because I want to save battery (though it doesn't really use much battery). Also concerned about any possible long term effects on the screen such as the display getting worn out. (If you look at TVs being displayed 24/7, you'll notice some type of burn in). Former V10 owners, what were your experiences?
I use it and see no point in turning it off unless you just don't use it. I have not heard of any burn in issues on the V10 and the battery you save is minimal.

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I use it but will keep my phone face down at times. The proximity sensor detects the phone is down or in pocket and turns 2nd screen off. It pops back on once you flip the phone.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
V10 owner... I usually leave it on because I like quick access to the flashlight and my music player controls. Plus its cool seeing my name on the phone. I turn it off though when I don't need access to those functions... camping, backpacking or active weekends.

Someone above mentioned battery life as a non issue and I agree with that... Although I use wireless Qi charge pads at work and home so thats a moot point.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I was actually skeptical about the second screen prior to owning the V20.
In addition to the stuff already mentioned. I love how incoming calls don't interrupt what I'm doing.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
In addition to the stuff already mentioned. I love how incoming calls don't interrupt what I'm doing.

Absolutely, I use my V10 for conference calls at work 2-3 hours a day. Can't tall you how handy it is having the call status up and out of the way, and on a completely separate screen.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes my calls only show up on the second screen, but a lot of times it still does a full screen interruption. Haven't been able to figure out any rhyme or reason on which way they come in.

estebanlrog

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I have google all my music apps on the second screen very handy and I love it once I got use to using it. I love this phone had a v10 but it felt like an unpolished prototype compared to how nice my v20 runs.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes my calls only show up on the second screen, but a lot of times it still does a full screen interruption. Haven't been able to figure out any rhyme or reason on which way they come in.
I only get full screen if I'm not running anything

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I only get full screen if I'm not running anything
I've accidentally hung up on a few people because it interrupted gaming, browsing, etc and I was trying to tap that area of the screen just as the call screen popped up. So for me, it's not to do with the phone being idle.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've accidentally hung up on a few people because it interrupted gaming, browsing, etc and I was trying to tap that area of the screen just as the call screen popped up. So for me, it's not to do with the phone being idle.
Strange....never had that happen

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

I felt exactly the same. I was skeptical about the 2nd screen and thought it was gimmicky. But once I've started using this device, I can honestly say it has turned into a intrical part of my V20 experience.

I'm hoping the V30 continues the 2nd screen trend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair