I love using Nova launcher on this device. However, there are just some situations in which the home button being on the back can be problematic. One of which is hibernating the phone while it is in a running armband.

I enabled the double tap to lock on Nova but it's action is to put the phone into a deeper sleep. The notification screen goes out. Then the double tap to wake action changes a little as well.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the stock double tap with Nova? A great alternative would be something that could work in the notification screen.
    03-24-2017 08:27 AM
    I don't have my V20 with me today, but I do have Nova on it as well and as I recall when you double tap the status bar it will lock the phone regardless of whether you have that enabled in Nova (I do not so I'm pretty sure it is the LG one that the phone is using).

Not a perfect solution, but something you may want to try.
    03-24-2017 08:41 AM
    FWIW... I tried Nova for about a week on my V10. Liked it but I never could get the double tap function to work right. Following this thread. Hopefully there is a solution for the V series. The screen double tap is one really nice aspect of these phones.
    03-24-2017 08:45 AM
    Ah, I had read that before and I had assumed that was the secondary display being talked about. The status bar does work although it is slightly awkward.
    03-24-2017 01:51 PM
    I love using Nova launcher on this device. However, there are just some situations in which the home button being on the back can be problematic. One of which is hibernating the phone while it is in a running armband.

I enabled the double tap to lock on Nova but it's action is to put the phone into a deeper sleep. The notification screen goes out. Then the double tap to wake action changes a little as well.

Does anyone know of a way to enable the stock double tap with Nova? A great alternative would be something that could work in the notification screen.
    Actually i have Nova launcher and my double tap function works just like stock. The screen will go to sleep for 5 secs then it will lock the phone. It depends as to how you set it in settings > lockscreen menu.

I have Nova prime btw.
    03-25-2017 07:25 AM
    I have that working too but it turns off the second screen. Also, after sleeping that way double tapping to wake brings up the home screen buttons. At which point the home screen button can be used to wake.
    03-25-2017 07:47 AM
    Between the time you double tap the screen and the time where the screen will wake with a double tap, you can swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap on any of the soft key buttons that come up to wake the phone back up.
    sswitzer likes this.
    03-25-2017 07:54 PM
    Oi, i figured it out. So at the bottom of the nova launcher advanced you can select your screen lock method. If you change it from the screen lock timeout to device admin. If you dont have a pin setup you can set it to that. By doing so it regularly locks your screen.
    05-31-2017 01:06 PM
    This has been a known issue between the V20 and Nova Launcher. Don't count on it being fixed any time soon.
    05-31-2017 01:23 PM
    I've gotten used to the status bar double tap. It works from almost any screen so it's a plus. My original need is gone as I got a Gear S3 watch. So I no longer need to sleep/wake the phone while the button is behind an exercise arm strap.
    silverfang77 likes this.
    06-01-2017 02:54 PM
    Double tap to wake and to sleep works fine on my v20? I don't understand what the problem is?
    06-14-2017 08:30 PM
    You have to set Nova launcher to screen lock on double tap. That does not put the phone into a deep sleep.
    06-14-2017 08:31 PM