Cannot Send or Recieve Pictures over Text Apps

jim223

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I picked up a V20 a couple of weeks ago from Verizon. I've been a long time Nexus fan and came from a Nexus 6P. I didn't like the new Pixel XL enough to keep it though. I was nervous about the V20 but I've come to really like it.

One thing I do not like is the native text message app. Frankly, it's just boring. I like the Google app Android Messages but I cannot send or receive pictures when I use it. I tried Textra as well and have the same problem. If I use the LG app I have no problem.

I tried various "fixes" that I came across online but none have worked. I tried turning off all permissions in the LG app, uninstall Android Messenger, reinstall, reboot, etc. I played around with the APN but cannot change anything here. Data is on.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Jim

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I picked up a V20 a couple of weeks ago from Verizon. I've been a long time Nexus fan and came from a Nexus 6P. I didn't like the new Pixel XL enough to keep it though. I was nervous about the V20 but I've come to really like it.

One thing I do not like is the native text message app. Frankly, it's just boring. I like the Google app Android Messages but I cannot send or receive pictures when I use it. I tried Textra as well and have the same problem. If I use the LG app I have no problem.

I tried various "fixes" that I came across online but none have worked. I tried turning off all permissions in the LG app, uninstall Android Messenger, reinstall, reboot, etc. I played around with the APN but cannot change anything here. Data is on.

Jim

Do you have Verizon messages disabled?

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'd say it's probably a network error. Retry the network settings and if that doesn't work call customer service and see if it's something on their end. If that isn't the issue backup your phone and factory reset. Lastly if all that doesn't work, you might need a warrenty replacement..

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Message+ is Verizons OEM bloat tex-ing app.

What happens when you un-install all the other apps and set Message+ as the default? and deactivate/force stop the LG text-ing app?

jim223

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I did a force stop on the LG Message app and re-enabled the Verizon app. Pictures sent fine over the Verizon app. I immediately reinstalled Android Messages and sending a picture failed.

Verizon app and LG app work...anything else seems to be a no go. 🤔

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I did a force stop on the LG Message app and re-enabled the Verizon app. Pictures sent fine over the Verizon app. I immediately reinstalled Android Messages and sending a picture failed.

Well that's crap!

jim223

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The only MMS settings are to auto download pictures and auto download when roaming. Both are enabled. Can't send either tho.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

If you haven't already done so, try leaving all of them enabled and then install the message app of your choice as default.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Jim

Have you checked settings > networks > mobile data > then scroll down to Messages > and enable Background Data and Unrestricted Data Use? Also check it for your texting app (either Google or Android Messages).

jim223

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Both are enabled.
c787ee2f029d19948268bf18c55817dd.jpg