Home Screen Help..!! - Incoming Call's

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys/gals...

Real quick question and I feel stupid for asking it to be honest. I also did a search and didn't find any answers, which I found hard to believe.

Simply asked:
- Is there anyway for an incoming call to be shown on the MAIN screen and not the smaller secondary screen...?
- I don't want to disable the smaller second screen, I love all of the features so far... I just want the incoming call's to come thru on the main screen instead..

Thoughts..?

Thanks in advance...

Andrew Rokey

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I think if you aren't using the phone it will come through on the main screen. And if you are using it to watch videos etc. It just shows up on the second screen.

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys/gals...

Real quick question and I feel stupid for asking it to be honest. I also did a search and didn't find any answers, which I found hard to believe.

Simply asked:
- Is there anyway for an incoming call to be shown on the MAIN screen and not the smaller secondary screen...?
- I don't want to disable the smaller second screen, I love all of the features so far... I just want the incoming call's to come thru on the main screen instead..

Thoughts..?

Thanks in advance...

Calls typically go to the second screen if the main screen is currently active. If you want to continue using the main to receive calls you would have to disable the second screen when the main screen is active under the settings -> display -> second screen. This pathway might be a little different for your carrier variant.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
yes, that is exactly what is happening. If the phone is locked, the call will come thru on the main screen... however, if the phone is unlocked it will ONLY come thru on the secondary screen. Honestly, I wouldn't have an issue with that if I was using the phone or in an application... but even if its unlocked and just sitting at the home screen it will still come thru over the secondary screen...

Not that big of a deal, but it would be nice to have it as an option...

Thanks guys..!

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried playing with these settings?

997f7c8e641a89139faa9c12114f4740.jpg

Settings ... Call ... More ... Show voice calls while in an app

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried playing with these settings?

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170327/997f7c8e641a89139faa9c12114f4740.jpg

Settings ... Call ... More ... Show voice calls while in an app
My phone is inconsistent on when it uses the main or secondary screen for oncoming calls. I just checked, and I don't have a "Calls" sub menu available, much less the option to select which to default to. I do have the Quick Shortcut Maker app, so I may go explore that to see if it's hidden.

Gotta love Verizon. Lol

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My phone is inconsistent on when it uses the main or secondary screen for oncoming calls. I just checked, and I don't have a "Calls" sub menu available, much less the option to select which to default to. I do have the Quick Shortcut Maker app, so I may go explore that to see if it's hidden.

Gotta love Verizon. Lol

I have Verizon also. Go into your dialer, hit the 3 dot menu, call settings, more...It's there.

Attachments

• 37269.jpg
    37269.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 32

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you again for the input..! Unfortunately, I do not see that option in my dialer. I'm currently using.. ExDialer and I checked all the options and do not see the option to have it come up on the second screen

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you again for the input..! Unfortunately, I do not see that option in my dialer. I'm currently using.. ExDialer and I checked all the options and do not see the option to have it come up on the second screen

Pretty sure that the third party dialer is your culprit

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have Verizon also. Go into your dialer, hit the 3 dot menu, call settings, more...It's there.
The good news is your advise was correct. The bad news is mine is set to secondary screen for incoming calls already, meaning something is buggy and causing the phone to not respect that setting.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The good news is your advise was correct. The bad news is mine is set to secondary screen for incoming calls already, meaning something is buggy and causing the phone to not respect that setting.

That stinks! Mine seems to work properly, although I may have had an occasion or two where it didn't that I just don't remember. Sorry.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to reach back out to everyone , and say thank you..! I enabled the main screen in the the stock dialer and that worked out fine.. I'm back in action

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma