My work phone is a __________

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I had a work phone it would most likely be an iPhone. Since I dabble in Android enough I would just have them give me an iPhone for work to see how the other side lives.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you an Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 shop?

We are on exchange and we tie in with Airwatch Agent and use the stock iPhone email app. If you use your own Android device I believe the only difference is we use Touchdown for email. The additional annoyance with using your own device is that you have to enter a pin to unlock phone and a second pin for email.
The problematic issue with using your own device is that they have the right to lock it down and wipe the device.... No thanks
The only way you can use your own without that is to use Citrix Receiver and that is a horrible way to access email and corporate intranet sites and apps in virtual mode.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If I had a work phone it would most likely be an iPhone. Since I dabble in Android enough I would just have them give me an iPhone for work to see how the other side lives.

For work it's perfect except in my case I hate the small size of the standard iPhone.... Clean and simple. IOS handles productivity adequately. For personal use I thinks it's great for non-technical users except that media and software is locked down through ITunes. Most non-technical users seem OK with that to some degree.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm a trucker, and my current company used to require a cell phone to communicate with the office during the day. They didn't force any special restrictions on the phone, and just paid us $20/mo to compensate for any additional data or minute costs. So I've always used mine for work. Though now we have in cab computers for communications, so they removed the phone requirement and the $20/mo.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Broke down and asked for a work phone because I didn't want company to have security controls on my phone and without doing so work email bites because we can't use a standard client.

Ugh.... Iphone 6S.....how boring.....eventually it will be a 7....still boring.

What are you using for work?

iPhone is pretty boring but makes a good work phone. Only annoying thing is trying to transfer files from Apple to Android, you have to download a third party app to do that. Oh and trying to add your music to iTunes is a pain in the @$z. Camera and battery life is good though. I use my LG V20 as my work phone; I'm required to take event photos often and the wide angle camera helps with candid shots or fitting more into the photo.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Work phone S7Edge at the moment, soon to add a V20, and soon to jump from 7edge to S8. So basically S8 and V20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome