Does the V20 have double tap to wake and a notification drawer button?

brettt777

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
There were a couple things about the G2 UI that I really liked and I am wondering if the V20 can do these things.
The G2 had a double tap screen on/screen off that was very convenient, especially since the buttons were on the back of the thing. Does the V20 have this function?
There was an on screen button on the bottom right that would bring the status page down instead of trying to swipe it down which I also really liked. V20...?
I'm really starting to lean more and more towards the V20 even though I promised myself I would never own another LG product. Thing is, the G2 isn't a bad phone; but the G2 I had was an awful phone with the original Lollipop version of Android. Once I figured out how to update the thing to Marshmallow, the phone worked great but it lost allot of the UI functions I liked. So... that being said, I could maybe, possibly be convinced to try another LG device if I see a significant number of positive reviews. So far, about 99% of the reviews I have seen for the V20 are VERY positive. And I just haven't seen any other phablets that would draw me away from it.
The S8 just got released and looks amazing and while I am tempted, I don't like the tall, slender look and feel. And there's no way I can wait for a new phone until the Note 8 comes out... whenever. If only the Note 7 didn't blow up...
Oh, and just in case anyone cares, an iPhone is absolutely out of the question. No way. My youngest daughter has been trying to get me to switch over to the dark side for years. Not gonna happen.
Anyway, I digress. So far, the V20 is about as close to what I want in a phone as I have seen. I just hope I don't get another LG lemon.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can the V20 do....

There were a couple things about the G2 UI that I really liked and I am wondering if the V20 can do these things.
The G2 had a double tap screen on/screen off that was very convenient, especially since the buttons were on the back of the thing. Does the V20 have this function?
There was an on screen button on the bottom right that would bring the status page down instead of trying to swipe it down which I also really liked. V20...?
I'm really starting to lean more and more towards the V20 even though I promised myself I would never own another LG product. Thing is, the G2 isn't a bad phone; but the G2 I had was an awful phone with the original Lollipop version of Android. Once I figured out how to update the thing to Marshmallow, the phone worked great but it lost allot of the UI functions I liked. So... that being said, I could maybe, possibly be convinced to try another LG device if I see a significant number of positive reviews. So far, about 99% of the reviews I have seen for the V20 are VERY positive. And I just haven't seen any other phablets that would draw me away from it.
The S8 just got released and looks amazing and while I am tempted, I don't like the tall, slender look and feel. And there's no way I can wait for a new phone until the Note 8 comes out... whenever. If only the Note 7 didn't blow up...
Oh, and just in case anyone cares, an iPhone is absolutely out of the question. No way. My youngest daughter has been trying to get me to switch over to the dark side for years. Not gonna happen.
Anyway, I digress. So far, the V20 is about as close to what I want in a phone as I have seen. I just hope I don't get another LG lemon.

Double tap on and off - YES
YES, you can add the pull down button to the screen if it isn't there out of the box.

The V20 is a great phone and there's a reason why most people like it. It might not be commercially popular, but it's one of the most developed and well made phones on the market.

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can the V20 do....

The first feature you mentioned is called "KnockON". I posted a tutorial here explaining how to access it if you are having trouble finding it.

Last edited: