GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it.... I think it looks odd having an image wrap around the edges.

I do to but I'm hoping that they don't have the image going all the way to the edge or at least be able to adjust the image so you don't get that distortion. I have to play with one in person and see for myself.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I like the plus model for the larger screen and the "newest" processor...... But, no removeable battery! That's a deal breaker for me.
Also I want to see how the glass holds up when dropped. The curved screen means less case to protect the sides...

Lateck,

leehab

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Words can Not describe a phone unless you have it in your hand . Yesterday I dropped in T-Mobile and they had 8+ on display and picked it up and played with and was not impressed at all . A salesman came to me and I showed him my V20 and he told me he would keep the V20 as he thought the V20 was a better phone and I agree . Side by side, V20 is just beautiful and does everything I want fantastically . I want to spent $825 on a phone that gives me something revolutionary . I come from Nokia 1520 and after 3 years of use still had great demand and sold mine for $100 less than I paid for

I love my V20 & be keeping mine

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
V20 is far superior then the S8

Boring device same IPhone 7 + , you just can do more with the V20

And never have to put a cable into the device is pure freedom :)

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I know I said it in another thread but I'm just not a fan of the new screen ratios in order to get more screen. To me the S8 and G6 displays are more on the narrow side. I like sticking with 16:9. I remember the displays back before 2012 when it was more 4:3...
I'll probably come around though once I see them in person!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I know I said it in another thread but I'm just not a fan of the new screen ratios in order to get more screen. To me the S8 and G6 displays are more on the narrow side. I like sticking with 16:9. I remember the displays back before 2012 when it was more 4:3...
I'll probably come around though once I see them in person!

There really is not that much more overall screen that is functional. They stretched the displays and thinned the display width for both. My Note 4 is far more content friendly than the S8 and +. Ditto for the V20 and other Notes.

IMO the new stretched displays are less content friendly and the 8+ is awkward to use. Plus they are not really 5.8 and 6.2 displays since the corners are curved.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I played with the S8 and the S8+ today at an ATT store although I am a VZW customer. My V20 is too new to switch for the measley trade in value at VZW. Great value on iPhone 6 trade in if you have one.

One thing the S8+ desperately needs that we have in our V20 is the icon to pull down the notification shade. The 8+ has a really long screen and it is hard to pull it down one handed with your thumb.

Both models are just way too narrow for me. I don't know what Samsung was thinking of. They look silly. Of course it does make it easier to reach any icon on either side of the phone. The problem is reaching the top of the screen. The fingerprint sensor is in the most uncomfortable spot imaginable.

Samsung phones are famous for being pretty. I hate the curves functionally but they are pretty but the long thin shape is just unattractive imo. Watching Netflix is much better on the V20.

Want the coolest Android phone it is unquestionably the 8 or 8+. The 835 processor is supposed to be great. Still the phone is too narrow imo. The 8 actually has a longer screen than our V20 (that's right the 8 the 8 plus is way longer) but the 8 looks more than a cm narrower than our screen. Crazy. Even pictures don't fit properly in this odd screen ratio.

Easier to slip in the pocket. Very easy to reach icons on far side of screen (since it isn't very far) The Note 7 was a WAY better looking phone.

I use a geeky holster to carry my V20. I could pocket carry either of the new S phones but of course there will be no screen protector that stays in place on those curves so if I pocket carry I scratch the phone. Annoying.

I hope they don't do this narrow screen bit to the Note 8 but they probably will. Too bad.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I do to but I'm hoping that they don't have the image going all the way to the edge or at least be able to adjust the image so you don't get that distortion. I have to play with one in person and see for myself.
The image does wrap around. Even pictures look odd to me. I use Excel for work and the numbers wrap around. Hard to copy and paste unless you move column away from the edge. I know not many people use a phone for Excel but I do every day so the S8 or even the plus are both uncomfortable for me to use and look at. I am anxious to read user comments. I find all professional reviews of Samsung phones gush with praise no matter what.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The image does wrap around. Even pictures look odd to me. I use Excel for work and the numbers wrap around. Hard to copy and paste unless you move column away from the edge. I know not many people use a phone for Excel but I do every day so the S8 or even the plus are both uncomfortable for me to use and look at. I am anxious to read user comments. I find all professional reviews of Samsung phones gush with praise no matter what.

I have since seen them and I actually like what Samsung has done! Especially getting rid of the front physical button! Makes it look so much cleaner, sleeker, modern(?!) lol. But I won't be buying it until I know for sure that they've made further improvements to TW efficiency and better battery life duration. If you're going to seal up the battery, make it last AT LEAST for 2 years! I'm not about to try and get comfortable upgrading yearly. I'm looking at you LG G6 as well!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I like the screen ratio and flat screen of the G6 but no led notifications and no 835 processor. If I had to choose I would pick the S8 over the G6. Fortunately I have the V20 that I like much better than either.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the "edge" style screen
It serves no practical purpose. It causes accidental screen activations, makes it difficult for screen protectors to adhere especially in a case, distorts the image on the edges, lowers the effective visual surface, makes the phone much more likely to break in a fall.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It serves no practical purpose. It causes accidental screen activations, makes it difficult for screen protectors to adhere especially in a case, distorts the image on the edges, lowers the effective visual surface, makes the phone much more likely to break in a fall.

I've been thinking about moving back to regular thin plastic protectors like the one that came from factory on my V20 because.....

1. They're not fragile like glass protectors

2. They'll adhere easier to curves and custom corners better then glass protectors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay