anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
How many of you are considering to move from V20 to S8?
What are the things that you want from the s8 and things that you can't live without from the v20?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving it some thought. The camera on the Note 7 was better than the V20 so since it's the same hardware that's a huge plus for me. Even better if they were able to tweak the software.

Probably won't be much I would miss from the V20.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Anyone switching from V20 to S8 I would dare say would only do so to have the latest phone out there. They are made for different types of users. V20 is media powerhouse phablet to with dual cameras and a removable battery, low on style and high on function. S8 is more along the lines of the G6 but doesn't have dual rear cameras but does have slightly higher performance in a smaller size, even though it did grow slightly larger.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
S8 is spensive'. Not sure if worth the jump for most folks. That said, the V20 camera IMO for quick snaps is not that good and the N7/S7 take great quick snap pics.

Still, that's a chunk of change.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving it some thought. The camera on the Note 7 was better than the V20 so since it's the same hardware that's a huge plus for me. Even better if they were able to tweak the software.

Probably won't be much I would miss from the V20.
Early reports suggest s7 better camera than s8. If camera your priority pick up an s7 cheap.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Sort of loosely considering it. I'll go check it out and play around on it but I think I'm done with Samsung. I just got my V20 in December. Came from an S7 Edge. I really want to hold out for the V30.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Considering it because I've always been a long time loyal fan of Samsung, but things I don't like: the 3000 mah battery seems small for a 5.7. inch, the fingerprint scanner is very difficult to reach, all curved and all glass seems pretty fragile, going to miss the dual camera of the V20 (and of course the removable battery & IR blaster). Honestly a S7 Edge would give me a similar or maybe same experience as the S8.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Considering it because I've always been a long time loyal fan of Samsung, but things I don't like: the 3000 mah battery seems small for a 5.7. inch, the fingerprint scanner is very difficult to reach, all curved and all glass seems pretty fragile, going to miss the dual camera of the V20 (and of course the removable battery & IR blaster). Honestly a S7 Edge would give me a similar or maybe same experience as the S8.

Every time I see a curved screen phone on the subway I look and I ask myself.... Why?

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After seeing the S 8, I'm pretty sure I'm going back to the Note. My last phone was the Note 4, before coming to LG. The V 20 is nice, but I miss the S Pen, a lot.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
After seeing the S 8, I'm pretty sure I'm going back to the Note. My last phone was the Note 4, before coming to LG. The V 20 is nice, but I miss the S Pen, a lot.

Note 4 & 5 is too slow for me after using the V20. I heard they are selling refurbished Note 7 (international only).