Not strictly a V20 thing, but I'm a V20 person and you're V20 people

In the last few days (with 3 new versions of the app in a 4 day period!) Netflix -- casting to Google Cast -- will either lose the "notification", that allows me to control Netflix from the notification tray or home screen, or basically forget that it's even casting... with the show still showing on my TV, but not playing in the app.

(Sorry for the strange description, but that's the best way I can think of to describe it to you!)

This is with the latest version 4.4, and with the last 3 or 4 bugfix releases in the last few days.
    03-31-2017 02:42 PM
    Use my Chromecast every evening to watch Netflix content and haven't ran across any issues myself. Completely different scenario but just wanted to comment in case you're wondering if it's more of a Netflix problem.
    Have you tried wiping the app's cache? Or have you noticed any issues with your WiFi? If that little Netflix icon is only showing up sporadically it might be more of an indicator there's a local network problem. Rebooting your wireless router might help. Or if you've just been relying on your router's default settings but want to take some time to optimize it for a more robust home LAN this guide is worth reading through:
    https://lifehacker.com/5833254/know-...complete-guide
    03-31-2017 04:05 PM
    Use my Chromecast every evening to watch Netflix content and haven't ran across any issues myself. Completely different scenario but just wanted to comment in case you're wondering if it's more of a Netflix problem.
    Have you tried wiping the app's cache? Or have you noticed any issues with your WiFi? If that little Netflix icon is only showing up sporadically it might be more of an indicator there's a local network problem. Rebooting your wireless router might help. Or if you've just been relying on your router's default settings but want to take some time to optimize it for a more robust home LAN this guide is worth reading through:
    https://lifehacker.com/5833254/know-...complete-guide
    I'll try wiping the app's cache. I might also try uninstalling the app (although I'm dubious that that will help.)

Regarding the router, I initially thought that might be the case... but the videos stream just fine, without pausing or over-compression -- that leads me to think that my WiFi is not at fault.

By the way, I realize that I mis-labeled Chromecast in my initial post as "Google Cast"... yes, I'm using Chromecast.
    03-31-2017 05:17 PM
    ... yes, I'm using Chromecast.
    Are you powering your Chromecast through your TV's USB port or using the Chromecast's power adapter (wall wort)? If using a USB port try switching to the power adapter, if you have multiple devices also using USB there's a chance your TV's internal USB bus is just getting taxed too much.
    03-31-2017 05:54 PM
    Are you powering your Chromecast through your TV's USB port or using the Chromecast's power adapter (wall wort)? If using a USB port try switching to the power adapter, if you have multiple devices also using USB there's a chance your TV's internal USB bus is just getting taxed too much.
    Using the wall wart
    03-31-2017 06:40 PM
    Using the wall wart
    OK so I'll fall back on my guess there's a home local network issue going on. Try installing this network scanning app, Fing on your LG:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.fing&hl=en
    Do a basic scan and it will list all the devices and things connected to your home LAN -- your router, your phone, laptop, etc., and of course your Chromecast. Whenever that Netflix logo isn't showing up properly, do another scan and confirm all your devices are still connected. If your Chromecast is missing try manually rebooting it (remove the power cord, wait several seconds, plug it back in) but if you're still having issues think about re-configuring your router setup. Or it could just be a matter of your Chromecast being on the marginal edge of your router's effective range, which might explain why you're having sporadic issues. How far away is your TV from your router? If you install an app like WiFi Analyzer:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...analyzer&hl=en
    you can use it to check the signal strength of your router. Check it when you're standing right next to it and then do a walk-through of your home and check how strong the signal is in different areas further away. And by your TV of course. If it's pretty weak by your TV you might be able to improve your router's range by just relocating it. Any wireless router is just a low-power transmitter, some with an external antenna, some with multiple antennas, and some with just an internal antenna. If the router is sitting on a floor surrounded by solid items (file cabinets for instance) its range gets reduced so moving it higher up on a shelf out in the open can often help quite a bit.
    03-31-2017 07:53 PM
    OK so I'll fall back on my guess there's a home local network issue going on. Try installing this network scanning app, Fing on your LG:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.fing&hl=en
    Do a basic scan and it will list all the devices and things connected to your home LAN -- your router, your phone, laptop, etc., and of course your Chromecast. Whenever that Netflix logo isn't showing up properly, do another scan and confirm all your devices are still connected. If your Chromecast is missing try manually rebooting it (remove the power cord, wait several seconds, plug it back in) but if you're still having issues think about re-configuring your router setup. Or it could just be a matter of your Chromecast being on the marginal edge of your router's effective range, which might explain why you're having sporadic issues. How far away is your TV from your router? If you install an app like WiFi Analyzer:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...analyzer&hl=en
    you can use it to check the signal strength of your router. Check it when you're standing right next to it and then do a walk-through of your home and check how strong the signal is in different areas further away. And by your TV of course. If it's pretty weak by your TV you might be able to improve your router's range by just relocating it. Any wireless router is just a low-power transmitter, some with an external antenna, some with multiple antennas, and some with just an internal antenna. If the router is sitting on a floor surrounded by solid items (file cabinets for instance) its range gets reduced so moving it higher up on a shelf out in the open can often help quite a bit.
    Thanks - I'll check it all out.
    03-31-2017 08:30 PM