LG V20 Bluetooth Connectivity Car Issue

vgndude08

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
Good evening friends,

First time posting here. Hopefully I can find an answer.

My issue is regarding my 4 month old LG V20 from T-Mobile. The issue I am having with my device is distorted phone calls while connected to my Prius' Bluetooth system. The person alternates between a crisp clear voice to a distorted robot almost demon like voice. This occurs about every 10-20 seconds. I am unable to have a steady phone call.

Things that I have done so far to resolve issue:

-Tested my device's bluetooth system with other bluetooth devices such as speakers and headphones that receive phone calls. I have a UE speaker and JayBird headphones that both work flawlessly when making phone calls.

-Used a brand new iPhone 7 as my daily drive for about a week and paired it to my Prius bluetooth system. Did not have any phone call issues with this device. I only used the iPhone for about a week since I am not a big fan.

-Paired and unpaired my LG V20 to my car's bluetooth. Still had the same issue.

-Lastly, I did a factory reset on the LG V20. Unfortunately, I am still having issues with distorted voice calls.

I called T-Mobile and they could not fix the issue. The just recommended doing an exchange with my insurance. Do not want to go that route since I do not care for refurbished devices. I appreciate any support. Thank you for reading!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I also drive a Toyota so the Bluetooth system is probably the same. My car is 3 years old. No problems at all with phone call audio. Occasionally a podcast stops for no apparent reason and I have to restart it but never had any issue during phone calls.