Manual settings for the camera

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
A lot of v20 users say that auto focis in auto mode sucks. So it gave me the question, what's the best setting for manual mode? I'm not a camera expert.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC forums. Unfortunately manual settings are not one size fits all. It depends on the type of photos of you want to take and under what conditions. What types of photos are you looking to capture?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC forums. Unfortunately manual settings are not one size fits all. It depends on the type of photos of you want to take and under what conditions. What types of photos are you looking to capture?
This, but don't let it discourage you. Even in manual mode, it can still operate almost identical to auto mode. It doesn't really lock anything in until you start messing with the actual adjustments. You can use the live view to preview things before you actually take the photo.

The reason we can't give you a best setting is because every situation is different. A slow shutter and high ISO setting may work for a low light scene, but will completely white out a photo taken in daylight.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This, but don't let it discourage you. Even in manual mode, it can still operate almost identical to auto mode. It doesn't really lock anything in until you start messing with the actual adjustments. You can use the live view to preview things before you actually take the photo.

The reason we can't give you a best setting is because every situation is different. A slow shutter and high ISO setting may work for a low light scene, but will completely white out a photo taken in daylight.

I would like to add that live view won't give you a preview of what moving subjects will look like. For that you will have to experiment with higher shutter speeds and combine with other settings. The great thing about digital is that you can experiment taking photos without the inherent cost we used to suffer back in the days of film.
If you want me to post some links on basic photography techniques let me know.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I would like to add that live view won't give you a preview of what moving subjects will look like. For that you will have to experiment with higher shutter speeds and combine with other settings. The great thing about digital is that you can experiment taking photos without the inherent cost we used to suffer back in the days of film.
If you want me to post some links on basic photography techniques let me know.

Oh thanks guys!
I guess I'll just have to play a little bit more with the settings. But yea that link will definitely a big help!

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I haven't observed the auto focus as being bad at all. It's one of the best auto-focusing camera phones I've ever used.

However, the manual controls are really fantastic!!!! I shot with an SLR for years and I feel right at home with this camera app and its responsiveness. I'm not sure how much is Android 7 defaults or if it is LG customized.

I regularly use exposure compensation, white balance and manual focus.

The only thing that would make it better is if it could take my Canon lenses, lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463