I am currently using the s7 edge and quite happy with it...but m planning on moving tomthe lg v2o as the phone is available at a discounted rate and I am getting a good price for my s7e, I am mostly interested in the removable battery, camera and good speaker...any user who moved from s7e to lg v20 pls give me ur opinions...thnx
    04-09-2017 01:59 AM
    I had the s7e as a loaner phone for my n7 for 3 days. I hated it. That is why I went with the V20 after the second recall. I love this phone. The removable battery can be a life saver. It's also has fast charge. Not as fast as Samsung I have noticed. I dont use the speaker much. Usually have headphones or Bluetooth. The dac is no joke if you have a good set of headphones and high quality music files.
    04-09-2017 02:09 AM
    Thanks for replying.....wat did u hate in the s7e.....so should I move to the lg v20, hows the camera on v20...
    04-09-2017 02:20 AM
    I have the V20 and my wife has the S7E. My opinion is the V20 screen is better (both color and not having a curved edge), it's larger, manual camera controls are awesome, IR Blaster, secondary screen controls are pretty useful, and yes the speaker is good.

Where I've seen hers do better is the speaker is louder, and the camera auto mode is better than the V20 on auto. The V20 is pretty aggressive with noise reduction in auto mode, to the point it affects image quality. If you want the better point and shoot, stay with the S7E. If you don't mind tinkering with the manual controls, saving and editing RAW files, then you can bypass the noise reduction problems of the V20.
    Abhinav Mudaliar likes this.
    04-09-2017 06:34 AM
    I made the same move. I had the 7 Edge from release day until December. I definitely like the V20 better. I think the V20 just had an overall smoother and faster feel to it. Samsung phones are so laggy sometimes and I don't get that at all with my V20. I also really like the second screen over the edge. No doubt they the edge screen looks awesome but it's kind of annoying functionality wise IMO, especially without a case. There are a few things I miss from the Samsung environment but I'm definitely happy I made the switch.
    04-09-2017 10:42 AM
    I am currently using the s7 edge and quite happy with it...but m planning on moving tomthe lg v2o as the phone is available at a discounted rate and I am getting a good price for my s7e, I am mostly interested in the removable battery, camera and good speaker...any user who moved from s7e to lg v20 pls give me ur opinions...thnx
    I made that move way back in Dec. Absolutely love the LGV20.
    04-09-2017 12:43 PM
    I have been going back and forth on debating whether or not to get a V20, the last LG phone that I absolutely loved and never had a problem with was an LG Optimus G Pro. Still have it laying around someplace after my kid dropped it and cracked the screen, still works fine. I came across a good deal for a 2 month old AT&T V20 for $415. I couldn't pass it up as I just sold my Samsung Note 5, never really liked the Note 5 and I'm not real crazy about Samsung software, so it offset the price some.
    04-09-2017 05:44 PM
    so should I move from the s7e to lg v20?? Is the auto mode on lgv20 soo bad?
    04-10-2017 08:58 AM
    I had the lg g5 before...I suffered the screen burn issue in it...so I am worried abt the longevity of the lg v20...I wanna keep this phone for 2 yrs...and lately LG is slacking on giving updates..
    mandoman28 likes this.
    04-10-2017 09:00 AM
    I made that move way back in Dec. Absolutely love the LGV20.
    Hey....wat do u love the lgv20 over the s7e...the price point too is a factor...whereas the s7e is still maintaining its price...lgv20 has got many drops in price
    04-10-2017 09:02 AM
    Hey....wat do u love the lgv20 over the s7e...the price point too is a factor...whereas the s7e is still maintaining its price...lgv20 has got many drops in price
    I agree. But Samsung maintained its price coz they did not have a successor model. When Note7 was launched the prices did come down. The v20 ips panel, second screen, battery life, barely any bloatware, camera, quad dac audio chip, good set of headphones, 6 month free screen replacement, removable battery, miltary grade screen ( fallen many times but absolutely no damage).
    04-10-2017 10:11 AM
    I currently have both phones but i use the v20 as my daily driver. The camera (especially in auto mode) and the screen are the two things i really miss from the s7 edge. However, the replaceable battery, ir blaster and 64gb of internal storage are what sold me on the v20. It's also much snappier than the s7 edge, although that phone has gotten better on nougat.
    mitul_mehta likes this.
    04-10-2017 10:37 AM
    I had the lg g5 before...I suffered the screen burn issue in it...so I am worried abt the longevity of the lg v20...I wanna keep this phone for 2 yrs...and lately LG is slacking on giving updates..
    I love the phone but this is the drawback, updates are slow in coming.
    04-10-2017 12:13 PM
    I currently have both phones but i use the v20 as my daily driver. The camera (especially in auto mode) and the screen are the two things i really miss from the s7 edge. However, the replaceable battery, ir blaster and 64gb of internal storage are what sold me on the v20. It's also much snappier than the s7 edge, although that phone has gotten better on nougat.
    Is the screen and camera really that bad...and wat abt the battery backup?
    04-10-2017 01:22 PM
    I love the phone but this is the drawback, updates are slow in coming.
    It was the first phone to come out with the Nougat...Ideally it should have been the first phone to get 7.1.1 update after pixel but no updates and security patches either
    mandoman28 likes this.
    04-10-2017 01:23 PM
    Is the screen and camera really that bad...and wat abt the battery backup?
    Not bad but the s7 edge was a much better point and shoot camera. I don't take many pictures so it's not a deal breaker for me. The screen is going to look washed out compared to an AMOLED screen and the viewing angles​ on an lcd just aren't as good. The v20 color calibration is way too cool as well (whites all have a bluish tint.)

That being said, i can't stand having a fixed battery in my phones since it's much more convenient to swap batteries rather than be tethered to a wall or battery pack. I also use the ir blaster everyday so that's important to me as well.
    04-10-2017 01:45 PM
    so should I move from the s7e to lg v20?? Is the auto mode on lgv20 soo bad?
    The auto mode on the V20 isn't bad per se, it's just not likely as good as some other phones. With today's tech, it's almost splitting hairs. I just took a couple of photos for comparison. The first one in auto mode, the second in manual but with auto-exposure lock off (so basically auto, with letting the app decide everything).

1/30 exposure, ISO 150, 7.56MB file size.

1/30 exposure, ISO 150, 8.08 MB file size.

Because photos uploaded here get a lot of compression, here's a couple of close up crops of those same images.

Auto mode

Manual mode

Notice the auto mode crop looks almost like a watercolor effect? That's due to the noise reduction and that happens to some extent even with the best of programs like Photoshop. The higher the amount of reduction, the more detail is lost. Manual mode doesn't apply noise reduction, giving you greater detail (which explains the larger file size). Typically this wouldn't be very noticeable when viewing the full image from a distance or on a small screen. If you plan to print them out or crop/zoom in on them, then the noise reduction starts becoming an issue. Granted, there are times where noise reduction is useful, such as with using higher ISO settings. That's when I prefer using an app or computer editing program to fix it. That way I can control how much reduction and other adjustments I want.
    04-10-2017 02:02 PM
    Its done...Sold my S7 Edge and got the LG V20....Now exploring it. Thnx guys for helping me make the decision
    Mooncatt likes this.
    04-11-2017 06:55 AM
    Its done...Sold my S7 Edge and got the LG V20....Now exploring it. Thnx guys for helping me make the decision
    Have fun tinkering around!
    04-11-2017 07:01 AM
    What discounted rate?
    04-11-2017 01:21 PM
    Its available for 540$ now...
    04-14-2017 01:40 AM
    T-Mobile has it for like 480 I think
    04-16-2017 09:20 AM
    Verizon still $572.
    04-19-2017 07:39 AM