I did it - V20 traded in for a new G6

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I switched to the G6, I upgraded my wife and went to it myself, just to test it out because with Jump, why not? I figured that I have a rare opportunity that people don't really have so why not.. I can always switch back. But I wanted to say, if you like the DAC in the V20, you'll be very disappointed.. the G6 DAC doesn't even come close.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I switched to the G6, I upgraded my wife and went to it myself, just to test it out because with Jump, why not? I figured that I have a rare opportunity that people don't really have so why not.. I can always switch back. But I wanted to say, if you like the DAC in the V20, you'll be very disappointed.. the G6 DAC doesn't even come close.

Can I have your hyperion battery since it does not fit your G6

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the original one, I can jump three times a year.
Oh I thought that was Jump On Demand. I thought the original one only allowed you to upgrade once half the device is paid off which is the plan I have. I'm switching to Jump On Demand once I pay off my V20 though. Then I'll always have an excellent backup device and I can play with other devices with the new plan.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Its probably the same music setup they had for the G5. Man was that terrible. It was like listening to a clock radio after having my V10. My earphone volume was up to 85-90% sometimes, whereas the V20 i'm usually at 35-40%.

I'm wondering if any imports will be coming in soon to the states unlocked (since some of those have the DAC).

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh I thought that was Jump On Demand. I thought the original one only allowed you to upgrade once half the device is paid off which is the plan I have. I'm switching to Jump On Demand once I pay off my V20 though. Then I'll always have an excellent backup device and I can play with other devices with the new plan.
You might want/have to switch to JoD sooner. There's a rumor going around that JoD for new customers or added is dead starting 4/30. Existing JoD lines will be grandfathered.

We will see if that rumor has legs I guess.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You might want/have to switch to JoD sooner. There's a rumor going around that JoD for new customers or added is dead starting 4/30. Existing JoD lines will be grandfathered.

We will see if that rumor has legs I guess.
Oh no. I really want to get in on it too. But the only way for me to opt into as of now is to pay off the V20 or pay half and get a cheapo device to have a zero balance and then go into the JoD plan.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh no. I really want to get in on it too. But the only way for me to opt into as of now is to pay off the V20 or pay half and get a cheapo device to have a zero balance and then go into the JoD plan.
I'd keep an eye out for news on JoD. There has been more than one comment on Reddit about it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34