V20 Bootloop today

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't sound like the bootloop as experienced by V10 owners. Unfortunate nonetheless. Does your phone stay stuck on the LG logo screen?

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the bootloop with the lg 4. Took 3 replacements.

This one....it starts, reboots, and then after a minute does it again. I quickly got to the factory reset section, and am entered in, but it won't allow it to run the reset as it resets before it's even close to done

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the bootloop with the lg 4. Took 3 replacements.

This one....it starts, reboots, and then after a minute does it again. I quickly got to the factory reset section, and am entered in, but it won't allow it to run the reset as it resets before it's even close to done

I'm going to assume you did a battery pull.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Crazy. All I know is if my V20 bootloops it will be my last LG device for sure. I'm still confident it won't though unless this becomes a more widespread issue.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
What were you doing when the bootloop occurred? Were you charging? Are you using an OEM charger and cable or aftermarket? Are you using an OEM battery? Is there or has there been any physical or water damage to the phone? Has the phone been getting hot?

... most of the questions you are going to be asked. Answers will be helpful to all of us.

Thanks

David

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Mine did that yesterday out of the blue I pulled the battery and did a factory reset and its been fine so far but now it's very laggy and the battery drains a lot faster and when I get a phone call or make one it takes awhile for my phone to connect

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine did that yesterday out of the blue I pulled the battery and did a factory reset and its been fine so far but now it's very laggy and the battery drains a lot faster and when I get a phone call or make one it takes awhile for my phone to connect

If the battery pull worked that's great and then it's not the Atypical bootloop of prior models.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Pulled battery multiple times. Phone was not charging when it happened. Just restarted out of the blue when i was reading an article online. Had actually done a factory reset a week ago due to horrid battery life, but it hit today out of the blue.

After attempting multiple power offs/ons, battery pull, s card pull, etc...verizon decided it was not going to work and are sending new one tomorrow. After the nightmare that was my G4, i truly hope this is some odd occurance.

Lastly, tried to factory reset multiple times ,but halfway through, phone would automatically go into restart and never could get through full cycle.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Just to answer the missed questions...

Using battery and charger it came with. No damage, never got wet. I have to say, if this short came from water damage, id not be too happy as it was never even exposed to rain. Verizon forced me to pay for my 3rd bootlooped G4 phone, claiming even though it was in bootloop mode, there was also "charger port corrosion" even though it was perfectly fine and never caused me any charging issues.

This whole LG ordeal is really pushing me into just finding another brand. Ugh.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you know about the freezer trick with the G4's. Have you tried that with the V20? If you do, part of me hopes it doesn't work because that means we could potentially still have the same issue with bad soldering.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure about the trick.... Honestly at this point...one lg g4, plus 3 replacements (not even mentioning Verizon forcing me to pay for the 3rd because....even though it was in.bootloop there was "corrosion" on the port that i guess happened on its trip back upon being replaced) an now my V20 fritzing.... I don't want to know tricks...i want a reliable one that works. Im thinking, sadly, that is going to be my last lg phone ever.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Sadly started this morning. Can't even get the phone to stay on long enough to attempt a factory reset. Unreal.
Looks like you may not be the only one. The V20, along with the G5 and 5x might be added to the lawsuit.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-bootloop-class-action-lawsuit-add-devices-763117/
The class action suit against LG regarding bootloop issues may be looking to add more devices like the G5, V20, and Nexus 5X.

I couldn't be happier that in less than 2 weeks I won't have a LG phone in the house. There are 3 other LG phones on my account with JOD's ending in June. No way I'll recommend any of them get a LG phone currently on the market.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Phone was not hot at the time. Was actually first use of the morning when it happened.

Sadly, ill agree with the above...i cant justify doing this to myself again. I understand along will come..."well ive had no issues with mine" and I dont begrudge anyone that.

But its a real issue and having affected me as many times as it now has, I just cant keep doing this dance with LG. I saw the v20 was being discussed adding to the lawsuit. Its not that verizon wont replace it, its a huge hassle each and every time

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Looks like you may not be the only one. The V20, along with the G5 and 5x might be added to the lawsuit.

LG ‘bootloop’ class action lawsuit may add more devices
The class action suit against LG regarding bootloop issues may be looking to add more devices like the G5, V20, and Nexus 5X.

I couldn't be happier that in less than 2 weeks I won't have a LG phone in the house. There are 3 other LG phones on my account with JOD's ending in June. No way I'll recommend any of them get a LG phone currently on the market.

Can i ask what phone you are moving to? Its a downer for me because i enjoy the LG format, layout, and operating system, so i am looking again for something smooth and easy. And reliable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech