06-13-2017 09:14 AM
65 123
tools
    Sadly started this morning. Can't even get the phone to stay on long enough to attempt a factory reset. Unreal.
    04-10-2017 09:52 AM
    That doesn't sound like the bootloop as experienced by V10 owners. Unfortunate nonetheless. Does your phone stay stuck on the LG logo screen?
    04-10-2017 09:58 AM
    That sucks.
    04-10-2017 09:59 AM
    I had the bootloop with the lg 4. Took 3 replacements.

This one....it starts, reboots, and then after a minute does it again. I quickly got to the factory reset section, and am entered in, but it won't allow it to run the reset as it resets before it's even close to done
    04-10-2017 10:08 AM
    I had the bootloop with the lg 4. Took 3 replacements.

This one....it starts, reboots, and then after a minute does it again. I quickly got to the factory reset section, and am entered in, but it won't allow it to run the reset as it resets before it's even close to done
    I'm going to assume you did a battery pull.
    04-10-2017 10:29 AM
    Crazy. All I know is if my V20 bootloops it will be my last LG device for sure. I'm still confident it won't though unless this becomes a more widespread issue.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    04-10-2017 11:09 AM
    What were you doing when the bootloop occurred? Were you charging? Are you using an OEM charger and cable or aftermarket? Are you using an OEM battery? Is there or has there been any physical or water damage to the phone? Has the phone been getting hot?

... most of the questions you are going to be asked. Answers will be helpful to all of us.

Thanks

David
    04-10-2017 11:22 AM
    Crazy. All I know is if my V20 bootloops it will be my last LG device for sure.
    This is exactly how I feel as well. I sure hope it doesn't.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune jamielov.
    04-10-2017 11:34 AM
    Mine did that yesterday out of the blue I pulled the battery and did a factory reset and its been fine so far but now it's very laggy and the battery drains a lot faster and when I get a phone call or make one it takes awhile for my phone to connect
    04-10-2017 11:56 AM
    Mine did that yesterday out of the blue I pulled the battery and did a factory reset and its been fine so far but now it's very laggy and the battery drains a lot faster and when I get a phone call or make one it takes awhile for my phone to connect
    If the battery pull worked that's great and then it's not the Atypical bootloop of prior models.
    monsieurms likes this.
    04-10-2017 12:00 PM
    I'm glad that worked I factory reset it just in case. It just sucks that my phone is laggy now.
    04-10-2017 12:08 PM
    Pulled battery multiple times. Phone was not charging when it happened. Just restarted out of the blue when i was reading an article online. Had actually done a factory reset a week ago due to horrid battery life, but it hit today out of the blue.

After attempting multiple power offs/ons, battery pull, s card pull, etc...verizon decided it was not going to work and are sending new one tomorrow. After the nightmare that was my G4, i truly hope this is some odd occurance.

Lastly, tried to factory reset multiple times ,but halfway through, phone would automatically go into restart and never could get through full cycle.
    04-10-2017 02:04 PM
    Just to answer the missed questions...

Using battery and charger it came with. No damage, never got wet. I have to say, if this short came from water damage, id not be too happy as it was never even exposed to rain. Verizon forced me to pay for my 3rd bootlooped G4 phone, claiming even though it was in bootloop mode, there was also "charger port corrosion" even though it was perfectly fine and never caused me any charging issues.

This whole LG ordeal is really pushing me into just finding another brand. Ugh.
    04-10-2017 02:08 PM
    I'm guessing you know about the freezer trick with the G4's. Have you tried that with the V20? If you do, part of me hopes it doesn't work because that means we could potentially still have the same issue with bad soldering.
    04-10-2017 02:13 PM
    Not sure about the trick.... Honestly at this point...one lg g4, plus 3 replacements (not even mentioning Verizon forcing me to pay for the 3rd because....even though it was in.bootloop there was "corrosion" on the port that i guess happened on its trip back upon being replaced) an now my V20 fritzing.... I don't want to know tricks...i want a reliable one that works. Im thinking, sadly, that is going to be my last lg phone ever.
    RaRa85 likes this.
    04-10-2017 03:48 PM
    Can't say as I blame you for being disenchanted with LG.
    04-10-2017 03:52 PM
    Was it running particularly hot at the time?
    04-10-2017 07:14 PM
    Sadly started this morning. Can't even get the phone to stay on long enough to attempt a factory reset. Unreal.
    Looks like you may not be the only one. The V20, along with the G5 and 5x might be added to the lawsuit.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-b...evices-763117/
    The class action suit against LG regarding bootloop issues may be looking to add more devices like the G5, V20, and Nexus 5X.

I couldn't be happier that in less than 2 weeks I won't have a LG phone in the house. There are 3 other LG phones on my account with JOD's ending in June. No way I'll recommend any of them get a LG phone currently on the market.
    04-10-2017 08:15 PM
    Phone was not hot at the time. Was actually first use of the morning when it happened.

Sadly, ill agree with the above...i cant justify doing this to myself again. I understand along will come..."well ive had no issues with mine" and I dont begrudge anyone that.

But its a real issue and having affected me as many times as it now has, I just cant keep doing this dance with LG. I saw the v20 was being discussed adding to the lawsuit. Its not that verizon wont replace it, its a huge hassle each and every time
    04-10-2017 08:22 PM
    Looks like you may not be the only one. The V20, along with the G5 and 5x might be added to the lawsuit.

LG ‘bootloop’ class action lawsuit may add more devices
    The class action suit against LG regarding bootloop issues may be looking to add more devices like the G5, V20, and Nexus 5X.

I couldn't be happier that in less than 2 weeks I won't have a LG phone in the house. There are 3 other LG phones on my account with JOD's ending in June. No way I'll recommend any of them get a LG phone currently on the market.
    Can i ask what phone you are moving to? Its a downer for me because i enjoy the LG format, layout, and operating system, so i am looking again for something smooth and easy. And reliable
    04-10-2017 08:23 PM
    Can i ask what phone you are moving to? Its a downer for me because i enjoy the LG format, layout, and operating system, so i am looking again for something smooth and easy. And reliable
    I only had another member of my family have a bootloop on a G4. My V20, a G5 and 2 other G4's are still functional so to some degree I feel your pain about the hassle but obviously hasn't effected me as much as it has you.

I'm leaving LG because of the camera performance in full auto. It's just lacking to put it nicely.

I'll be headed to the S8+ and then the Note 8 and hopefully just the Note line yearly after that.

My GF will be giving up her G5 to get the S8. She's been with LG since the G2.
    gendo667 and recDNA like this.
    04-10-2017 08:31 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...air-story.html

All this hand-wringing and "I'll never do business with LG again!" has me wondering if anyone has even tried to contact LG and/or get their units fixed.

I look at it this way: it's not that the problem happened; it's more about how LG addressed the problem. Are they stepping up to the plate on this? It sure looks that way.

The measure of a man--or in this case a company--is not that he stumbles and makes a mistake, but rather how he recovers from the mistake.

LG has certainly earned my business here. Not only is the V10 a fine phone, but LG is a fine company to do business with, a company who has stepped up to the plate to make things right.
    Wilson Nightstand likes this.
    04-11-2017 04:58 AM
    The measure of a man--or in this case a company--is not that he stumbles and makes a mistake, but rather how he recovers from the mistake.
    Offering to repair phones even after the warranty period is one thing. If they have not addressed the underlying problems in subsequent phones like the V20 and G6, then they haven't recovered.

I'm not saying the V20 bootloops are all related to the soldering design flaw of earlier phones by any means. In fact, I'm still leaning towards no. There's been very very few reported bootloops, which I would consider within the realm of possibility for any mass produced phone. Of those reported, I've yet to see anyone try the freezer trick that worked for most G4 owners when theirs looped, which would indicate whether or not it could be the same bad design.

I don't blame any V20 owners for jumping ship at the first sign of a problem. I'm personally taking things one step at a time and may change my opinion as more info comes out.
    Ryano89 likes this.
    04-11-2017 06:57 AM

All this hand-wringing and "I'll never do business with LG again!" has me wondering if anyone has even tried to contact LG and/or get their units fixed.

I look at it this way: it's not that the problem happened; it's more about how LG addressed the problem. Are they stepping up to the plate on this? It sure looks that way.

LG has certainly earned my business here. Not only is the V10 a fine phone, but LG is a fine company to do business with, a company who has stepped up to the plate to make things right.
    There's also...'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me'

There isn't a class action lawsuit because LG has done the right thing every single time. Just because you have had a good experience doesn't mean everyone has.

The G4 on my account that bootlooped was taken care of by TMobile. We are on JoD and they allowed us to Jump since it was a known manufacturing defect. It happened on a Friday night so even if LG would have fixed it, it would have been Monday before UPS picked it up, Tuesday maybe they receive it. If they are fast like yours maybe it gets sent back Wednesday and maybe receive it Thursday. That's the best case scenario. 6 days without a phone. Even if they fixed it for free it wouldn't matter because we would have had to spend money on a backup phone.

I'm not just dropping LG at the first sign of trouble. Since the G2, my account has had 15 LG phones on it. I have several years of buying nothing but LG phones and recommending mostly LG phones. But as someone who uses the phone as primary camera, LG has fallen behind in camera quality and I no longer find that acceptable. So I'm out, for now, and taking others with me.
    jamielov likes this.
    04-11-2017 08:09 AM
    All this hand wringing.....

You do realize had you read my post....this is my 4th faulty LG phone in, what, under 2 years? So I should forget the extra work on my end having to waste hours on the phone each times this happens, being without a phone, and the bummer of continually trying to factory reset a malfunctioning phone, then resetting up a new phone, only to have it default as well?

I don't think its hand wringing...its a matter of after a while, it reaches a "are you kidding me?" Point. I dont know what it takes to draw your satisfaction/dissatisfaction with a brand, but im truly not sorry Im upset I even waited for the 3rd model out after the g4 fiasco, the V20, with the same results.

In your view I should be thanking them for repeatedly fixing a faulty device they have had me pay my money for. It doesn't make much sense. They stepped up to the plate to make things right? By not fixing the actual problem but making life harder on the consumer constantly mailing away phones and waiting for replacements. You seem to be a poor business model company's dream. Two replacement phones is laughable.....four is a nightmare.

So I dont see this as "jumping ship" at the first sign of an issue. Its actually the last thing i want to do. But my phone is also a work tool for me, not a fun little toy. Being without it for days at a time, multiple times, is a huge ordeal for me. So no, i dont owe LG anything for doing that to me.

And finally as someone said above...the camera, which was stellar on the G4, just really hasnt kept up since then, and in some ways got worse. All leading to the perfect storm/decision its time to stop hoping for the magical change and fix for their line of phones. Not to mention the g5, which was marketed under all these awesome add ons for it, then abandoned less than a year later. Im sure those who bought into that model also feel LG stepped up and did the right thing?
    04-11-2017 08:52 AM
65 123