05-04-2017 01:17 PM
30 12
tools
    I'm switching from the V20 to S8+. It was a hard decision but I pulled the trigger. I'm a tech guy and I have to keep up with the latest tech. The V20 was one of the best phones I ever had. Going to miss the removable battery, IR blaster, Quad DAC, dual front/rear cameras, HD microphone, and an IPS display that doesn't burn in. If you're thinking about upgrading to the V20, I'd say do it, it's an excellent choice. Had to sell mines in order to afford the upgrade. I'll still post on this forum here and on the V20 section to help those who have any questions!
    Jeremiah Bonds and Morty2264 like this.
    04-21-2017 09:00 AM
    I did the same but my V20 had become quite fickle lately. Still a great phone but I'm ready to fully embrace my old friend again!
    04-21-2017 09:06 AM
    Sorry to see you go but congrats on the upgrade... The Galaxy S8+ looks like a great phone!
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    04-21-2017 09:26 AM
    Cya. Looks like a good phone. I'll stick with my V20.
    Jeremiah Bonds and LGMOfield like this.
    04-21-2017 09:56 AM
    I'm switching from the V20 to S8+. It was a hard decision but I pulled the trigger. I'm a tech guy and I have to keep up with the latest tech. The V20 was one of the best phones I ever had. Going to miss the removable battery, IR blaster, Quad DAC, dual front/rear cameras, HD microphone, and an IPS display that doesn't burn in. If you're thinking about upgrading to the V20, I'd say do it, it's an excellent choice. Had to sell mines in order to afford the upgrade. I'll still post on this forum here and on the V20 section to help those who have any questions!
    You seem happy over in the so forums.. Good luck.

I've seen a few people from here in there... But it makes sense, a lot of the V20 users were Samsung transplants
    quadtronix likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:37 AM
    Actually guys, I think I'm switching back to the V20... I kinda don't like the S8... I think I'm too used to the V20 and all of the features, felt like the S8+ was lacking. Not really impressed that much with it, kinda felt like using an S7 really.. let's hope Samsung is OK with returns.
    04-22-2017 07:17 PM
    I got to handle one in a store, today. Double tapped the screen about five times trying to turn it on! 😲
    04-22-2017 09:43 PM
    Actually guys, I think I'm switching back to the V20... I kinda don't like the S8... I think I'm too used to the V20 and all of the features, felt like the S8+ was lacking. Not really impressed that much with it, kinda felt like using an S7 really.. let's hope Samsung is OK with returns.
    Coming back from the dark side?
    recDNA likes this.
    04-22-2017 09:54 PM
    Well that was quick lol
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    04-22-2017 11:29 PM
    That is good to know. I was thinking of making the jump but decided to keep the v20 and my mate 9 instead.
    04-23-2017 01:29 AM
    S8+ looks nice but I'm a note fan so I'll keep using my v20, note 5 and s6 edge plus til note 8 comes out.
    scribe4food likes this.
    04-23-2017 04:06 AM
    will stick with my v20 till 2018
    04-23-2017 10:24 AM
    How does it compare software wise? At this point I feel like I have to have one button screenshot and access notification from the bar at the bottom.
    04-23-2017 10:32 AM
    I messed around with the S8 for quite a bit in the store. While beautiful, I feel like the curved display would get old very quickly. As would $30-$35/month.
    04-23-2017 10:46 AM
    Well that was quick lol
    LG is that good lol
    04-23-2017 11:33 AM
    How does it compare software wise? At this point I feel like I have to have one button screenshot and access notification from the bar at the bottom.
    Software is kinda annoying, OS just doesn't feel buttery smooth as the V20. There's no app drawer so you have to swipe up. The settings menu is reorganized but is actually much more confusing and hard to find settings. I always accidently press the bixby button thinking it's the volume button. Battery feels like it takes a while to top off. The shape is probably my most annoyed feature: very long shape and pointless edges, volume button and bixby button easily gets mixed up, fingerprint scanner is in a very inconvenient spot. The screen is huge and beautiful and I like how I can use the phone easily with one hand, but still very difficult to get used to. Also, the Gear VR by Oculus is very cool, probably the best thing about Samsung is the VR integration. The phone is great, no doubt, but I'm already convinced that I prefer LG.
    04-23-2017 11:35 AM
    Coming back from the dark side?
    Haha yeah the evil dark side
    04-23-2017 11:52 AM
    Welcome back?!? lol

I think the only thing that I would miss the most if I switched at this point would be LG's UI! I've grown pretty attached to it oddly enough. I realized this when my G4 conked out on me and was on my Asus Zenphone for 6 months till I got my V20. Then again, Asus UI was TERRIBLE! The intel Atom processor didn't help either. Although it got me by, those 6 months were quite the struggle.
    04-24-2017 11:31 AM
    LG is that good lol
    Yup! I miss the double tap to unlock feature... Blahhh I may just forego the LED light services and jump to the G6 when it goes down in price/when I can afford it lool. LG is just too good sometimes! Glad you love your V20! That's a winner!
    04-24-2017 11:37 AM
    Welcome back?!? lol

I think the only thing that I would miss the most if I switched at this point would be LG's UI! I've grown pretty attached to it oddly enough. I realized this when my G4 conked out on me and was on my Asus Zenphone for 6 months till I got my V20. Then again, Asus UI was TERRIBLE! The intel Atom processor didn't help either. Although it got me by, those 6 months were quite the struggle.
    Yeah! I really love how ultra fast and smooth the UI is. Using the S8+ it just doesn't feel as fluid and quick. I also am more satisfied with the V20's camera experience, the wide angle front selfie is so nice, as well as the rear 16MP camera. Sure it's not as fast but to me it looks sharper and better. Once I get my V20 back, I'm keeping it indefinitely lol.
    Ntchwaidumela and carme4 like this.
    04-24-2017 12:05 PM
    Yup! I miss the double tap to unlock feature... Blahhh I may just forego the LED light services and jump to the G6 when it goes down in price/when I can afford it lool. LG is just too good sometimes! Glad you love your V20! That's a winner!
    I feel like the double tap feature should be a standard on ALL PHONES! It just makes much more sense and is more convenient. Turning on the S8 Plus screen was very inconvenient and felt old school. And you can forget about the fingerprint scanner on the back of the S8.
    GrooveRite and Morty2264 like this.
    04-24-2017 12:12 PM
    I feel like the double tap feature should be a standard on ALL PHONES!
    Yup! I've been saying this since my G3! Should be standard on Android.
    04-24-2017 12:16 PM
    I feel like the double tap feature should be a standard on ALL PHONES! It just makes much more sense and is more convenient. Turning on the S8 Plus screen was very inconvenient and felt old school. And you can forget about the fingerprint scanner on the back of the S8.
    I couldn't agree more. It SHOULD be a standard feature.
    04-24-2017 12:48 PM
    Thank you for posting this. I've been restraining myself from going into AT&T to grab one of these. I'm very happy with my V20 and I just got it in December but I'm like you and I like to have the latest tech. I really don't like where they have the fingerprint scanner and I just think TouchWiz is forever cursed. I have had the S4, S5, S6 and S7 Edge and every time, I fool myself into thinking that they will get it right with Touchwiz this time but they never do. I'm just going to hold out for the V30 if I can. Hopefully they release it in like October or something. Hopefully you kept your V20
    04-24-2017 03:35 PM
    Thank you for posting this. I've been restraining myself from going into AT&T to grab one of these. I'm very happy with my V20 and I just got it in December but I'm like you and I like to have the latest tech. I really don't like where they have the fingerprint scanner and I just think TouchWiz is forever cursed. I have had the S4, S5, S6 and S7 Edge and every time, I fool myself into thinking that they will get it right with Touchwiz this time but they never do. I'm just going to hold out for the V30 if I can. Hopefully they release it in like October or something. Hopefully you kept your V20
    I'm excited to wait for the V30 as well! Can't wait to see what LG comes up with now.
    04-24-2017 08:02 PM
30 12