Finally had it heat up

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I always loved how cool the V20 was even when I thought I was putting a heavy demand on it. Then I realized one of my favorite games, Dead Trigger (a zombie FPS), was set to low graphics. It still looked great, so I kicked it up to high quality.

Wow. It's like a whole new game with exquisite graphics and frame rates bumped up to 60fps. The V20 can handle it without a problem, and that's what it took to finally get that processor to actually go through its paces. My G4 was no real slouch at the time, but I had to keep graphics on low or it stuttered too much.

I already loved the phone, but this gave me a whole new appreciation of just how much of powerhouse it is.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been downloading some games from time to time and def have noticed how 'easily' they've played on my V20. Usually have varied slow and/or stuttering responses from previous devices.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine ran cool for about a week. Now it is always in the 90's
That doesn't bother me in the least. I don't even bother paying attention until it's over 100°F, and don't get concerned unless it's over 115°F (depending on what I'm doing). Manufacturing flaws aside *cough*G4,V10*cough* electronics can handle higher temps than you'd think.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Mine only gets cooking when I charge it in my car as my mount is above the dash and the sunlight hits the phone. It makes me think about getting one of those AC mounts.