05-18-2017 10:23 PM
32 12
tools
    Is anyone thinking about trading in or selling their V20 while the price is still decent, and
    Going for the new galaxy or G6?

I was looking at the trade in offer from Verizon and I'm thinking about it. I'm paying 30 a month for the v20 but could trade it in and pay less a month for one of the others which should hold more resale value for when the V30 comes.
    04-24-2017 09:54 AM
    Is anyone thinking about trading in or selling their V20 while the price is still decent, and

I was looking at the trade in offer from Verizon and I'm thinking about it. I'm paying 30 a month for the v20 but could trade it in and pay less a month for one of the others which should hold more resale value for when the V30 comes.
    There is nothing those phones have that I want. I'll just wait for the V30.
    04-24-2017 10:32 AM
    I was considering it but I didn't want to trade in my V20... Wanted to keep it as a backup and get the S8 Plus in addition. Then I found out that I would have to pay off the entire remainder of the V20 before I could upgrade so I thought it over and decided that would just not be a good move. So sticking with the V20 on Verizon but may still get the S8 on my Boost Mobile account. We'll,see...
    04-24-2017 11:02 AM
    There is nothing those phones have that I want. I'll just wait for the V30.
    I understand that. If I don't do it, that would be my only reason I like trying different phones. I really wish I tried the V20 last. Everything else has been a disappointment.
    04-24-2017 11:30 AM

I switched to the S8 Plus after owning the V20. Didn't like it, preferred the V20 better. The G6 is nice but you're also missing out on the IR blaster, removable battery, 2nd screen, and Quad DAC. If those features aren't needed, then the G6 is an excellent choice for a more compact phone. But you make a good point with resale value, Samsung and iPhones usually have really good resale value. This is why I like buying my phones outright and just paying a lower monthly cost (usually with prepaid), I get to upgrade if and whenever I want.
    04-24-2017 12:10 PM

I'm assuming that your V20 must be paid off in full to make the switch? If you can trade it in without paying it off, then I'd give it a shot.
    04-24-2017 12:16 PM
    Why would I want to downgrade from my V20?

In all honesty, I wouldn't worry about the Verizon trade in value going down. They seem to stay fairly consistent for flagship phones.
    04-24-2017 05:38 PM
    Why would I want to downgrade from my V20?

In all honesty, I wouldn't worry about the Verizon trade in value going down. They seem to stay fairly consistent for flagship phones.
    Many like to jump from phone to phone it seems. All of these top tier phones will work fairly well and it really depends on the features you're looking for. There is nothing out there that comes close for my needs amongst the carrier branded phones. Sadly the only thing that comes close is the V10.
    04-24-2017 06:29 PM
    Many like to jump from phone to phone it seems. All of these top tier phones will work fairly well and it really depends on the features you're looking for. There is nothing out there that comes close for my needs amongst the carrier branded phones. Sadly the only thing that comes close is the V10.
    I know. I was just being facetious.
    04-24-2017 06:33 PM
    I'm a phone jumper.....I used to be bad. The v10 was the first phone I kept from January to the release of the note 7. I only bought the note 7 to play with and then sell to get the v20....... And here I am again. I got the v20 on release day and I still have it. No other phone sticks with me that long.
    recDNA likes this.
    04-24-2017 06:45 PM
    Changing phones is traumatic to me. Data sometimes get lost. UI changes confuses me. Going from Apple IOS to Android drove me crazy until my thumbs and brain got used to Android. Getting bored with a phone means that I am used to it and I know how to do everything on it. And I don't see any downside to that. I don't trade in cars every 2-3 years too.

Every electronic device has some lemons. Devices that don't work well due to a defect that isn't wide-spread. The more often you change phones, the more chance to buy a lemon. As long as my V20 is fast and works, I may not change until its required.
    recDNA likes this.
    04-26-2017 12:16 PM
    Changing phones is traumatic to me. Data sometimes get lost. UI changes confuses me. Going from Apple IOS to Android drove me crazy until my thumbs and brain got used to Android. Getting bored with a phone means that I am used to it and I know how to do everything on it. And I don't see any downside to that. I don't trade in cars every 2-3 years too.

Every electronic device has some lemons. Devices that don't work well due to a defect that isn't wide-spread. The more often you change phones, the more chance to buy a lemon. As long as my V20 is fast and works, I may not change until its required.
    I always ask myself what does the next phone do that mine doesn't do that I really need. If the answer is nothing than I'm good to go unless my phone can't keep up with running things well.
    04-26-2017 04:34 PM
    If you can resist the temptation to buy the "next shiny thing" as soon as it launches, you can get some killer deals, too.😃
    04-26-2017 07:08 PM
    Why is V10 better than V20?

The one thing the S8+ has going for it is the ability to turn heads but the only phone that impresses people is the iPhone. A study was done showing you have a much better chance at a second date if you carry an iPhone rather than Android phone.
    04-26-2017 07:24 PM
    I didn't say the V10 was better. I'm saying it's the only thing that comes close to the V20 with features I look for.
    recDNA likes this.
    04-26-2017 07:27 PM

The one thing the S8+ has going for it is the ability to turn heads but the only phone that impresses people is the iPhone. A study was done showing you have a much better chance at a second date if you carry an iPhone rather than Android phone.
    If I need a phone to get me a second date then the date might not be worth a second.
    donebrasko and Kdroid like this.
    04-26-2017 07:29 PM
    I did. Simply to save a little extra money on the top whole simultaneously spending more to upgrade my wife's phone.. It was a bit of a pocket move.. The only thing I miss is the DAC which is almost a moot point cause I use Bluetooth headphones most of the time.. For me it was more of a bragging right cause I stream Mp3s anyway.
    04-26-2017 07:36 PM
    I did. Simply to save a little extra money on the top whole simultaneously spending more to upgrade my wife.. It was a bit of a pocket move.. The only thing I miss is the DAC which is almost a moot point cause I use Bluetooth headphones most of the time.. For me it was more of a bragging right cause I stream Mp3s anyway.
    I wish I could trade in my wife.... Nevermind upgrade.
    04-26-2017 11:29 PM
    I wish I could trade in my wife.... Nevermind upgrade.
    LOL
    04-27-2017 06:16 PM
    I did. Simply to save a little extra money on the top whole simultaneously spending more to upgrade my wife's phone.. It was a bit of a pocket move.. The only thing I miss is the DAC which is almost a moot point cause I use Bluetooth headphones most of the time.. For me it was more of a bragging right cause I stream Mp3s anyway.
    Saving money is what convinced me to move to the new unlimited plan. I had the old one but I was pay$80 more a month
    04-28-2017 11:48 AM
    Have Lg V20 brand new with orignal box. Got it rooted and it everything works good.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone jumping away from the V20 for a better value?-2235.jpg  
    05-17-2017 02:35 AM
    So you can trade in a phone on Verizon even when you are paying monthly for it???
    05-17-2017 02:48 PM
    So you can trade in a phone on Verizon even when you are paying monthly for it???
    That's an excellent question
    05-17-2017 10:44 PM
    It probably depends on the terms of your agreement and how much you owe.
    05-18-2017 07:30 AM
    Not without paying it off first.
    05-18-2017 08:04 AM
32 12