05-18-2017 12:13 PM
45 12
tools
    I love the 2nd screen and it may be my favorite part of the phone. It is nice having notifications appear off the main screen. Probably the most innovative way to present notifications currently. I fully expect LG to abandon it for a curved screen to keep up with current fads. Or they will make a curved 2nd screen.
    05-08-2017 12:22 PM
    05-08-2017 01:10 PM
    It was my favorite feature when I had my V20. I actually miss it very much.
    05-08-2017 01:18 PM
    Agree with what everyone has said.
    I love the 2nd screen as it has turned out to be an unexpected and useful feature for me.
    05-08-2017 01:59 PM
    I'm anxiously awaiting the note 8...this phone is fine.. Takes great pics.. But i do miss my note 7...loved my note 7...my v20, its just ok
    jb4kats likes this.
    05-08-2017 05:11 PM
    What do you have now?
    05-08-2017 05:11 PM
    What do you have now?
    Samsung S8+
    05-08-2017 07:26 PM
    Come back Elaine.... You know you want to.
    05-09-2017 07:10 AM
    I know you want me back

Let's see what LG has for the V30 ?!?!

Honestly the V20 was a very good phone and I really had no reason to flip into the S8+ aside from me having this very bad habit haaaaaaa !!
    SaltGuy likes this.
    05-09-2017 03:49 PM
    Sooner or later they all come back...
    05-10-2017 09:42 PM
    Glad you are back .. just bought my V20 a few weeks ago used for the same reasons that you hit up swappa - freaking $800 carrier crap .

So late to the party hear but now trying to trigger dac in beast mode or at least aux for some amplification .

My comment is this : Sammy is everywhere ..CostCo kiosks are Sammy or Apple .. every other story on AC is about Sammy this or that .. my wife can care less about phones and 'wants it to be good ' thinks Sammy is a must have .. because Sammy = Good . She did not have a 'Galaxy Nexus' or a S6 or actually sammy midrange is weak .

Kenny
    05-11-2017 06:34 PM
    The Note 8 could tempt me but it looks like it will have the curved screen. The only thing bothering me with the V20 is it doesn't fully activate all the messaging features on my Samsung Gear S3 watch.
    05-12-2017 10:15 AM
    The Note 8 could tempt me but it looks like it will have the curved screen. The only thing bothering me with the V20 is it doesn't fully activate all the messaging features on my Samsung Gear S3 watch.
    I have a Gear Fit2 and everything functions perfectly fine.
    05-12-2017 01:09 PM
    Glad you are back .. just bought my V20 a few weeks ago used for the same reasons that you hit up swappa - freaking $800 carrier crap .

So late to the party hear but now trying to trigger dac in beast mode or at least aux for some amplification .

My comment is this : Sammy is everywhere ..CostCo kiosks are Sammy or Apple .. every other story on AC is about Sammy this or that .. my wife can care less about phones and 'wants it to be good ' thinks Sammy is a must have .. because Sammy = Good . She did not have a 'Galaxy Nexus' or a S6 or actually sammy midrange is weak .

Kenny
    Samsung is a household name and mainstream. Back in the day, people laughed at you if you had a Samsung and not an Apple. Just worried that Samsung is moving in the direction of Apple and caring about the look of the phone rather than function.
    05-12-2017 01:11 PM
    I love the 2nd screen and it may be my favorite part of the phone. It is nice having notifications appear off the main screen. Probably the most innovative way to present notifications currently. I fully expect LG to abandon it for a curved screen to keep up with current fads. Or they will make a curved 2nd screen.
    Don't think they will according to leaks. However, looks like they are going to have sealed batteries. I really hope not, just let the V series be a power users phone.
    05-12-2017 01:13 PM
    I have a Gear Fit2 and everything functions perfectly fine.
    I don't have the ability to open up a message app or email and see messages. However, I can message from a notification or from the contacts list. But I can't pull up messages that are on the phone, just ones that were opened or originated on the watch.

Also, I've seen a native map application on my friend's Gear S3 when she has it paired with an S8. Mine only comes up if I have a notification involving a location.

It's like those features only partially work without a Samsung phone.
    05-12-2017 01:28 PM
    I don't see anything out there in the new phones coming out that would make me want to give up my V20. At first I thought the second screen was just another gimmick, now I really use it and have become accustomed to it as a standard feature, and I couldn't go without the removable battery, I don't care how fast quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 is nothing is as fast as the 2 minutes it takes to swap out one battery for a fully charged one, from 5% to 100% in 2 minutes and that includes putting the other in the spare charger and powering up the phone. I do hope that LG keeps the removable battery in the V30. If there's going to be a V30 that is.
    ABOSWORTH007 likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:28 PM
    I got to see the V20 up close at the mall last Friday, and it was beautiful. I can understand its draw.
    Jeremiah Bonds likes this.
    05-15-2017 09:51 PM
    Welllll, I am on my second V20 in 3 days and I'm getting very unhappy. It freezes when downloading and I have to remove the battery to get it working again. I've tried using my computer as a go-between, downloading to Downloads and moving the items to the sd card, but it says the V20 is "busy" and doesn't complete. This is not rocket science as I'm just trying to move pictures for messaging and phone contact images. When using the background function in messaging, I search for an image and when I choose one it says "unknown error" and won't work. When I take pictures from the camera (which *were* already attached to a messaging recipient, it says it can't load the picture and choose another picture. I hate the second screen; everything I want is already on the home screens (I did figure out how to disable it), and you can't remove stuff from the home screens as I have always been able to do with my Samsung phones so there's a bunch of crap I don't want. You have to jump through hoops to get an application icon and then it won't move from the bottom icons to the home screen area so it takes up valuable real estate. Thank God for YouTube videos or I would have run over this thing with my car or used my reciprocating saw on it. Unfortunately it has the biggest screen around and the battery can be removed so I'm not sure I can replace it with anything usable. I think I'd rather go back to my good, old Note 4.
    05-16-2017 11:55 PM
    You're issues don't sound normal. Could it be a compatibility issue with an SD card? A bad, slow or incompatible SD card can cause issues.

Also, the OS on this phone is fairly close to generic compared to Samsung's. But it can be configured any which way possible with any number of launchers as far as any android devices goes. There isn't anything that can't be moved or is fundamentally different other than this being an android 7 device.
    05-18-2017 12:13 PM
45 12