Traded in my S8 Plus back for V20

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Re: Who else loves the 2nd screen?

I too love the second screen. And as others say, my favorite apps are the most important.

Lateck,

jpprice14

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site

I love it. Everything mentioned about and using it for switching between recently used apps. I'd rather push one icon re there than tapping the button and looking for the app I'm trying to switch back to.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I love it, but I keep it mostly on the quick settings. I do wish notifications stayed on longer, but it is pretty useful.

muckle_dabuckle

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I love the 2nd screen and it may be my favorite part of the phone. It is nice having notifications appear off the main screen. Probably the most innovative way to present notifications currently. I fully expect LG to abandon it for a curved screen to keep up with current fads. Or they will make a curved 2nd screen. :p

Last edited:

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

Agree with what everyone has said.
I love the 2nd screen as it has turned out to be an unexpected and useful feature for me.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm anxiously awaiting the note 8...this phone is fine.. Takes great pics.. But i do miss my note 7...loved my note 7...my v20, its just ok

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Come back Elaine.... You know you want to.
I know you want me back

Let's see what LG has for the V30 ?!?!

Honestly the V20 was a very good phone and I really had no reason to flip into the S8+ aside from me having this very bad habit haaaaaaa !!

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Glad you are back .. just bought my V20 a few weeks ago used for the same reasons that you hit up swappa - freaking $800 carrier crap .

So late to the party hear but now trying to trigger dac in beast mode or at least aux for some amplification .

My comment is this : Sammy is everywhere ..CostCo kiosks are Sammy or Apple .. every other story on AC is about Sammy this or that .. my wife can care less about phones and 'wants it to be good ' thinks Sammy is a must have .. because Sammy = Good . She did not have a 'Galaxy Nexus' or a S6 or actually sammy midrange is weak .

Kenny

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
The Note 8 could tempt me but it looks like it will have the curved screen. The only thing bothering me with the V20 is it doesn't fully activate all the messaging features on my Samsung Gear S3 watch.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Glad you are back .. just bought my V20 a few weeks ago used for the same reasons that you hit up swappa - freaking $800 carrier crap .

So late to the party hear but now trying to trigger dac in beast mode or at least aux for some amplification .

My comment is this : Sammy is everywhere ..CostCo kiosks are Sammy or Apple .. every other story on AC is about Sammy this or that .. my wife can care less about phones and 'wants it to be good ' thinks Sammy is a must have .. because Sammy = Good . She did not have a 'Galaxy Nexus' or a S6 or actually sammy midrange is weak .

Kenny

Samsung is a household name and mainstream. Back in the day, people laughed at you if you had a Samsung and not an Apple. Just worried that Samsung is moving in the direction of Apple and caring about the look of the phone rather than function.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I love the 2nd screen and it may be my favorite part of the phone. It is nice having notifications appear off the main screen. Probably the most innovative way to present notifications currently. I fully expect LG to abandon it for a curved screen to keep up with current fads. Or they will make a curved 2nd screen. :p

Don't think they will according to leaks. However, looks like they are going to have sealed batteries. I really hope not, just let the V series be a power users phone.