LG V20 Pro edition

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Good day all,

I just returned from Japan. While I was in Hiroshima I had to hit up an electronics store to get a new battery for my camera. Being a cell phone addict I decided to browse their cell phone area for fun. Usually Japan has models you won't see anywhere else, usually by domestic manufacturers like Fujitsu, Toshiba etc.

But to my surprise I found a version of the LG V20 called the LG V20 Pro. It has a smaller screen, smaller battery, no removable back cover but it does have water resistance and still includes the same camera and Quad DAC in the regular V20. Due to the smaller screen the phone itself is physically smaller. It wasn't much bigger than my Google Pixel (non-XL).

I quickly googled this phone on the store's free wifi and learned it is a Japan only model.

Why oh why do manufacturers do this region specific stuff? I really liked the specs of the V20 when it came out, but it's just too damn big! If the smaller V20 pro was available globally I probably would have one!

/rant

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It's called the LG V34. It's a Japan only exclusive. Different markets want different things. Now that the G6 is out, you're better off with that one if you're going for that style.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Good day all,

I just returned from Japan. While I was in Hiroshima I had to hit up an electronics store to get a new battery for my camera. Being a cell phone addict I decided to browse their cell phone area for fun. Usually Japan has models you won't see anywhere else, usually by domestic manufacturers like Fujitsu, Toshiba etc.

But to my surprise I found a version of the LG V20 called the LG V20 Pro. It has a smaller screen, smaller battery, no removable back cover but it does have water resistance and still includes the same camera and Quad DAC in the regular V20. Due to the smaller screen the phone itself is physically smaller. It wasn't much bigger than my Google Pixel (non-XL).

I quickly googled this phone on the store's free wifi and learned it is a Japan only model.

Why oh why do manufacturers do this region specific stuff? I really liked the specs of the V20 when it came out, but it's just too damn big! If the smaller V20 pro was available globally I probably would have one!

/rant
I said the exact freaking thing when I learned about this mystical device last year. I really ha...dislike LG for doing things like this. Same thing with this region specific G6 nonsense. I love my V20 but this will probably be my last LG device for a while unless the V30 makes noticeable strides in the camera department-then I'll reconsider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol