11-13-2017 01:30 AM
296 ... 9101112
tools
    The house we just bought came with an LG fridge and is about as big as you can get. It was one of the big selling points when we were first looking at the place.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bd5e78aaf7.jpg

Though now they have a knock on see through window on their top of the line fridges. Lol
    Just bought an LG van. Great for road trips, though gas mileage sucks! Pretty good still, still has a removable battery, it should last 5 years at least before needing to swap.

LG V20 and Removable Batteries-20170627_083553-01.jpg
    Mooncatt likes this.
    06-30-2017 02:09 PM
    Link isn't working for me, but I'll say it before and I'll say it again. If I wanted to buy a Samsung with their glass backs, I would've bought a Samsung.
    recDNA likes this.
    06-30-2017 02:13 PM
    Wow, no 2nd screen? No removable battery? They really appreciate their fans don't they? Oh right, their fans helped them fund this phone but they end up screwing their fans over in order to be mainstream. Oh well, if it's all glass, might as well go back to Samsung, especially if they aren't going to have dual pixel technology and improve their camera.

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v30_midfr...news-25931.php
    06-30-2017 02:17 PM
    Goodbye LG, was nice using you for a while, V20 was excellent. You sold out. Removable batteries are great, phones shouldn't be disposable, but batteries are. Looking into a One Plus or Huawei Mate, at least metal backs are better than glass IMO.
    If you like the v20, why Change?
    Just curious
    06-30-2017 05:37 PM
    just bought another V20 with B&O Headset for 319
    06-30-2017 06:12 PM
    If you like the v20, why Change?
    Just curious
    I'm keeping the V20 for as long as I can until the tech becomes outdated. But future wise, I'm looking into the One Plus and Huawei series because of what they offer and also metal build. Every other flag ship is made of glass.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-01-2017 04:31 PM
    I'm keeping the V20 for as long as I can until the tech becomes outdated. But future wise, I'm looking into the One Plus and Huawei series because of what they offer and also metal build. Every other flag ship is made of glass.
    I am too... Even though my v20 started acting up, dropping calls, and WiFi and the bottom speaker screeching.. I am going to get a replacement tomorrow at the corporate store. Hopefully I'll get one that works better for me this time around and if it does the same thing.. Then I can decide what I will do then.. I don't know if I will be letting it update this time around neither.. I'm on LS 997zv7 and May security patch. It didn't seem to be as bad before the last update except for the speaker issue, which I know how to fix now.

Fingers crossed

Mac
    07-01-2017 09:01 PM
    Well guys I tried to make it work but I couldn't get it to. 3 for 3 bad ones said that was time to get something else.

Even though I got a brand new one in the box I picked up a htc u 11 to use.

I'm going to miss my removable battery, quad Dacs and my frigging fm radio, but I will have to just grin and bare it.

There is some things that are better than the v20, but I am not sure about this glass back at all... I will give it a honest try and try to get used to it and see if I can actually appreciate the newness of the design...

As much as my wife and son love their s8's I just couldn't bring myself to get one. This screen isn't as radical as those are.

We'll see how it goes for a couple of weeks and report back if I keep it or not.

Mac
    07-02-2017 05:50 PM
    Well guys I tried to make it work but I couldn't get it to. 3 for 3 bad ones said that was time to get something else.

Even though I got a brand new one in the box I picked up a htc u 11 to use.

I'm going to miss my removable battery, quad Dacs and my frigging fm radio, but I will have to just grin and bare it.

There is some things that are better than the v20, but I am not sure about this glass back at all... I will give it a honest try and try to get used to it and see if I can actually appreciate the newness of the design...

As much as my wife and son love their s8's I just couldn't bring myself to get one. This screen isn't as radical as those are.

We'll see how it goes for a couple of weeks and report back if I keep it or not.

Mac
    HTC 11 is a great phone, camera is one of the best. However, I don't think I'll every buy a phone without a headphone jack. As old as that tech is, I'll always still use it.
    07-03-2017 02:36 PM
    HTC 11 is a great phone, camera is one of the best. However, I don't think I'll every buy a phone without a headphone jack. As old as that tech is, I'll always still use it.
    I know what you mean... I had to make a quick decision at the Sprint store and figured I would try this one out and see if it was worth it.

The dongle and dac sound really good to my ears and while I'm not thrilled about having to use it with my cans they sound just as good as my v20 did with it so I can't really complain about it and the supplied B&O ear buds are very good, actually much better than I thought they would be too..

It's going to be a adjustment, not having my fm radio and removable battery, but I will survive for a while. I did sign up for a Tidal subscription since Sprint was giving me a 6 month free deal so I will have to get busy downloading tunes again.

So far as far as cell signal wifi and speakers are excellent, much better than than I had, so that is a good thing..

Mac
    07-03-2017 04:59 PM
    Tech writers, like automotive scribes, are in the clichbait business of gushing over every new premium phone that is released.

Very few have credibility. I exclude Andy Ihnatko and a few others.
    recDNA likes this.
    07-03-2017 08:10 PM
    This is why we NEED removable batteries:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ml#post5699911

Sure phones are great when you first own them. Yay! Battery is awesome, phone is fast, no problems. 1 year later, battery is struggling to hold a charge...
    ScottMGS likes this.
    07-07-2017 11:31 AM
    This is why we NEED removable batteries:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ml#post5699911

Sure phones are great when you first own them. Yay! Battery is awesome, phone is fast, no problems. 1 year later, battery is struggling to hold a charge...
    I change battery over every few weeks, but if one went after only a year I would go nuts. I expect at least a few years from batteries. Most people don't turn phones over ever year. From what I have been reading many are going to 3 years. Nothing really exciting to change to....yet
    07-07-2017 01:37 PM
    Goodbye LG, was nice using you for a while, V20 was excellent. You sold out. Removable batteries are great, phones shouldn't be disposable, but batteries are. Looking into a One Plus or Huawei Mate, at least metal backs are better than glass IMO.
    The v20 back is metal...
    07-07-2017 02:26 PM
    The v20 back is metal...
    Yeah it sounds like the V30 might be glass.
    Joeykool likes this.
    07-07-2017 02:36 PM
    Yeah it sounds like the V30 might be glass.
    V30 sounds horrible to me. We lose all our best features and get a big G6. Hope my V20 lasts.
    Joeykool likes this.
    07-08-2017 03:26 PM
    V30 sounds horrible to me. We lose all our best features and get a big G6. Hope my V20 lasts.
    Agreed. Keeping my V20 until it actually dies. Though I might upgrade, I'll always have the V20 to depend on. People don't think long term, they see a new shiney device, they cash out on it. 1 year later, they go on forums and complain about battery drain.
    Joeykool likes this.
    07-08-2017 06:48 PM
    I change battery over every few weeks, but if one went after only a year I would go nuts. I expect at least a few years from batteries. Most people don't turn phones over ever year. From what I have been reading many are going to 3 years. Nothing really exciting to change to....yet
    On top of that, most manufactures only support warranty for 1 year.
    07-08-2017 06:49 PM
    I would love for V30 to have removable battery.
    It is a must for the way I use my phone.
    I have multiple apps that utilize precise location and 100% screen on time and can't be tethered to a cheating cable.
    I get about 3 hours before a battery change is needed.
    I have 3 batteries and 2 charging packs.
    One charger is on nightstand and the other in my truck.
    I swap batteries in the morning when I get up and the every 3 hours.
    I currently use a V10.
    Of V30 has sealed battery I will try to find new V20.
    07-10-2017 09:41 AM
    In all my years owning mobile phones I've never once carried or felt the need to carry a spare battery to swap out. I just put the phone on charge everytime I'm near a charger so I never get in the position of running out. The last android I owned that had a replaceable battery was my LG G5 with horrible battery life and even now I carry a Lumia 950xl alongside my s8+ for work and I don't even consider a spare battery for it. It's just one more thing to carry
    And I bought the lgv20 specifically because it had a swappable battery. I just swapped five minutes ago and I'm now back to 100%. Even fast-charging can't do that. I laugh at the people at the airport who are Tethered to the outlet sitting on the floor trying to get the last charge before they get on the plane!
    10-16-2017 01:38 PM
    My v20 is a awesome phone. It's replaceable battery makes it so that I never have anxiety attacks like I have with other phones, no matter how much SOT they supposedly get.

We've all seen these claims that the various phones get, but from my experience none really do if you use your phone for everything, have all your accounts syncing regularly, and have the brightness up where you can really enjoy the screen in daytime.

I've listened to people who have to have a "waterproof" phone and we all know that this is pure bunk for they aren't waterproof but water resistant and I don't know of any oem that covers water damage...

So where does this leave us who want and need a phone with a removable battery? Hosed... That's where....

Thanks LG.. I'll pass on your new phones and look for other solutions for my mobile needs.. You've lost a good customer for now and the funny thing is I am not alone in how I feel.. Oh... BTW... This will effect my other purchases of your products.. Like a new OLED TV.. Refrigerator, washer/dryer.. Because I don't really see a need to subsidise your bottom line..

Mac
    10-16-2017 02:47 PM
    And I bought the lgv20 specifically because it had a swappable battery. I just swapped five minutes ago and I'm now back to 100%. Even fast-charging can't do that. I laugh at the people at the airport who are Tethered to the outlet sitting on the floor trying to get the last charge before they get on the plane!
    I saw this too over the weekend. People sitting on airport floors next to an outlet. Meanwhile, I flipped batteries after I boarded my plane so I could listen to some music. This peace of mind situation is what I want from every phone. I have not used my external battery charger since I bought my V20 last Dec. There is no point to carrying it around. I know that I will never own another phone with a replaceable battery or metal back after my V20 is paid for in 1.5 years from now. I have 3 batteries including 1 that I won't use until next Summer so I can use a very fresh one.
    10-17-2017 09:32 AM
    My v20 is a awesome phone. It's replaceable battery makes it so that I never have anxiety attacks like I have with other phones, no matter how much SOT they supposedly get.

We've all seen these claims that the various phones get, but from my experience none really do if you use your phone for everything, have all your accounts syncing regularly, and have the brightness up where you can really enjoy the screen in daytime.

I've listened to people who have to have a "waterproof" phone and we all know that this is pure bunk for they aren't waterproof but water resistant and I don't know of any oem that covers water damage...

So where does this leave us who want and need a phone with a removable battery? Hosed... That's where....

Thanks LG.. I'll pass on your new phones and look for other solutions for my mobile needs.. You've lost a good customer for now and the funny thing is I am not alone in how I feel.. Oh... BTW... This will effect my other purchases of your products.. Like a new OLED TV.. Refrigerator, washer/dryer.. Because I don't really see a need to subsidise your bottom line..

Mac
    Hello.It looks like you are a heavy user.
    Could you tell me what is the SOT you get if u ideally use like this...
    10-17-2017 04:52 PM
    I saw this too over the weekend. People sitting on airport floors next to an outlet. Meanwhile, I flipped batteries after I boarded my plane so I could listen to some music. This peace of mind situation is what I want from every phone. I have not used my external battery charger since I bought my V20 last Dec. There is no point to carrying it around. I know that I will never own another phone with a replaceable battery or metal back after my V20 is paid for in 1.5 years from now. I have 3 batteries including 1 that I won't use until next Summer so I can use a very fresh one.
    I've heard it's best to store batteries at 50% for better longevity. Never let it reach below 15% and if possible, stop charging at 80% but you don't have to. I rotate 4 batteries evenly so I have 4x longer life span than an average person with sealed phone.

Also, avoid knock off Chinese imitation batteries (looks the same, doesn't fit 100% right, fits too tight). Those batteries aren't certified or tested, can cause problems down the road. Also, only use the official white V20 charging cradle, never aftermarket.
    10-17-2017 11:45 PM
    Hello.It looks like you are a heavy user.
    Could you tell me what is the SOT you get if u ideally use like this...
    My V20 SOT varies, obviously a lot more if I use battery saving mode. I normally get 3-4 hours, but sometimes get 5-6. Remember to turn off "OK Google" detection, that was left on and my battery was dying faster. Honestly, the V20's battery is extremely reliable and consistent, I haven't been more confident with any other phone, I know that my phone will last and that's a good thing.
    10-17-2017 11:47 PM
296 ... 9101112