1/2 year later this phone still rocks!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Been half a year and so far this phone still operates fine. No issues, runs quicker than Pixel IMO. No lag at all; going back to Samsung S8 for a short while I've noticed a tiny bit of lag in the OS. Camera still great, last of it's kind to have 16MP and a very useful wide angle camera that I use all the time. Front selfie is still number one, may not be the best quality but it has an ultra wide angle front selfie so you can capture more. Also last of it's kind to have removable batteries (which I use everyday, extremely more convenient and practical than wireless charging) and also IR blaster. Some of you have an FM radio which is nice (my unlocked US V20 doesn't). Love the 2nd screen, I use it more and more everytime, it's like an extension of your phone. Audio performance is literally the best you can find right now. Video recording is great, I can now record video at concerts without the sound being distorted from the mic. Display is amazing, images look more real and natural than AMOLED and never worried about burn in (I use Google maps all day full brightness). And but not least, I love the design; minimal look with a premium metal feel in the back, FLAT glass screen so no problem installing screen protectors and cases. This is a power users phone and I like all the extra features; if you're a casual user, you might want to look into the S8 or G6. What's your experience so far after owning for half a year?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Agree with everything you said except for the front facing camera. Serviceable? Yes. But hardly one of the best in terms of clarity and detail.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Love mine even more than I did when I got it. Still zippy, great display, decent battery life, never lags, does everything I throw at it. A+ all round!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the wide angle camera (I would prefer a telephoto instead), but otherwise I'm loving it. This thing is a beast all around and still better than anything on the market in terms of features. I love that they focused on function over form, and hope that continues.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Agree with everything you said except for the front facing camera. Serviceable? Yes. But hardly one of the best in terms of clarity and detail.

If you want a quality good selfie you can turn the phone around and use volume rocker to take the shot. But I prefer the V20 front selfie b/c it's super wide so I can get more in the shot compared to my friends and co-workers phones.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I still love the V20!!! Had it since the end of December. So almost 6 months already.... Between the second screen, nougat and the fast performance I still consider this one of if not the best phone on the market!!!

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
No complaints about lack of wireless charging? I added the receiver on my v10. Don't think it is possible on this one.

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mike,

I saw those on Amazon. It looks like you could just unplug the receiver from the port to connect to a PC. I am thinking of JUMPing from the S7edge to the v20. Really liked my v10 & wish I would have kept it.

Pat

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mike,

I saw those on Amazon. It looks like you could just unplug the receiver from the port to connect to a PC. I am thinking of JUMPing from the S7edge to the v20. Really liked my v10 & wish I would have kept it.

Pat

The V20 is great and I don't care about wireless charging even though I loved it on my Droid Maxx.
If you can give up the DAC go with the G6 but I know I can't.

patcal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The V20 is great and I don't care about wireless charging even though I loved it on my Droid Maxx.
If you can give up the DAC go with the G6 but I know I can't.

The wireless charging would be more important to me than the DAC. If the G6 had root I would be all over it.

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I'm at 5.5 months and loving it too. Few app lags. The digital zoom isn't good but the pics come out good when close up and under good lights. Battery life is good for me (5-6 hours of use) before I charge. I have 2 active batteries that I rotate in/out. As the batteries are used, it takes longer to charge and depletes quicker that it used to but it isn't as bad as my Samsung or HTC were. I bought a third battery to have a totally fresh one when I hit the one year mark. Very few dropped calls on AT&T and the blue tooth is perfect all of the time. My contract runs 30 months and so this phone has to last me that long. Changing phones is not something I want to do every year or two.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Still think V20's design is still better than S8 Plus

You can't pull down notifications bar with one hand because it's way too tall on the S8 Plus. V20's flat screen makes it easier to type and bezels are slim yet they give you some room to hold the phone, the S8 bezel is too small and I keep pressing the navigation key accidently. Let's hope the next V20 isn't any taller than it is now (the display that is) and it isn't narrow.