I just noticed FFVII has been officially ported over to Android (about time!), but the reviews have been mixed regarding bugs. Anyone here played it yet on their V20 and able to report back on how stable it is? I'm not really looking for feedback on the game overall because I already know I want it. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth risking the $16 right now.
    05-13-2017 11:11 AM
    If you can try getting it on the ePSXe PlayStation emulator. I've played through two discs of FFVIII on my V20 and its a great experience. I've been tempted to get the store version of FFVII but haven't based on the same concerns and reviews you have.
    05-13-2017 11:47 AM
    Just play it on an emulator. Fpse runs flawlessly on the v20 and save states are perfect for playing games in the go, especially rpg's where save points are harder to come by.
    05-14-2017 01:48 PM
    I just noticed FFVII has been officially ported over to Android (about time!), but the reviews have been mixed regarding bugs. Anyone here played it yet on their V20 and able to report back on how stable it is? I'm not really looking for feedback on the game overall because I already know I want it. I'm just trying to decide if it's worth risking the $16 right now.
    Final Fantasy Tactics had been out and it works perfectly on most devices. The V20 is probably more powerful than the computers used to make that game.
    05-15-2017 08:41 PM
    I say nay and don't support Squeenix on Android. They over charge for ports and then don't support them. Final Fantasy Tactics has the problem of randomly crashing at any point during screen transitions. Imagine grinding and then the game crashing before being able to save. I've lost hours of game play and they never released a single update addressing that issue so F Squeenix.

For any game that isn't Android exclusive, just play it on an emulator.
    05-18-2017 02:00 PM
    I did buy FFVI, and it worked fine. I agree they are pricy, but I think the depth of the story lines are worth it.
    05-18-2017 02:18 PM
    I did buy FFVI, and it worked fine. I agree they are pricy, but I think the depth of the story lines are worth it.
    It was worth it twenty years ago. You can get depth and storyline for cheaper on much newer games. For what's more or less a straight port of a game that probably could have easily been found for cheaper not so long ago, its worth is questionable.

Still, I think the better option would be playing on an emulator where you can smooth the graphics and have it look better while playing with a BT controller.
    05-18-2017 02:31 PM
    It was worth it twenty years ago.
    Dude, you get to suplex a full on steam locomotive in FFVI. It's worth it. Lol
    05-18-2017 05:07 PM
    Dude, you get to suplex a full on steam locomotive in FFVI. It's worth it. Lol
    But this thread is about FFVII, not VI. 😉
    05-19-2017 02:17 AM