Android O

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Fall 2018.lol But to be honest, the phone runs perfectly anyway. As long as they keep it secure I'm fine with things.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
From my limited experience with Verizon, the v10 got one os update so hopefully the v20 will get android O LG probably does not do the in between os updates.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
2018 seems like a realistic time frame. I highly doubt they will push the "O" update to the V20 before the V30 is released. Just look at the V10 and how long that's taken.

Unfortunately the way Google handles things means if we want timely updates we need to be on the most current devices.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda hoping we don't get it. I tend to have bad luck with updates, and especially not looking forward to having the newest downgraded version of Chrome pushed on me along with it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
2018 seems like a realistic time frame. I highly doubt they will push the "O" update to the V20 before the V30 is released. Just look at the V10 and how long that's taken.

Unfortunately the way Google handles things means if we want timely updates we need to be on the most current devices.
..no. it's not on Google. It's on LG.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
..no. it's not on Google. It's on LG.

Actually not in the point that I am making. Yes it's LG's job to put out updates for it's phones. It's Google's job to make sure this is done in timely manner by manufacturers using it's OS. It's about time Google flexes their muscle and get things done.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda hoping we don't get it. I tend to have bad luck with updates, and especially not looking forward to having the newest downgraded version of Chrome pushed on me along with it.

Agreed. Updates slows down the device. Old hardware with new software don't mix well.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually not in the point that I am making. Yes it's LG's job to put out updates for it's phones. It's Google's job to make sure this is done in timely manner by manufacturers using it's OS. It's about time Google flexes their muscle and get things done.

As long as Android is open, there's nothing to flex. Google wouldn't want that anti-trust hassle.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Aren't they aware of that? Then they shouldn't give the update anymore if that's the case
We need updates!

But why do you need updates?

Because it's what our phones crave.

But how do the updates work?

By making phones perform.

How do the updates make phones perform.

Because it's... What... Phones crave...?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
We need updates!

But why do you need updates?

Because it's what our phones crave.

But how do the updates work?

By making phones perform.

How do the updates make phones perform.

Because it's... What... Phones crave...?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma