08-13-2017 07:45 PM
143 ... 23456
tools
    I bet a ton of you swap once the next new phone comes out .. even if a minor upgrade. Not faulting you .. I do the same .. I just am pretty sure to call this :P.
    I doubt I will since it appears all the new phones will be 18/9 and I really hate the skinny picture. It also affects my use of excel which I normally do in portrait view so keyboard doesn't take up 3/4 of the screen.

I will upgrade eventually, probably when security updates stop but definitely not for the next new thing that has only slight improvements.

I am anxious to see what the new super duper iPhone 8 looks like but unlikely I would switch phones for it.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    06-17-2017 03:15 PM
    I bet a ton of you swap once the next new phone comes out .. even if a minor upgrade. Not faulting you .. I do the same .. I just am pretty sure to call this :P.

I bet more folks keep this one, especially if LG looses the replaceable battery or does a glass back and curved edges on it.

I know that some folks will be all kiddy and just have to have the latest version... But they will alienate their core users, just like Samsung did when they removed the SD card.. And the phone will flop. LG isn't Samsung and can't really afford another flop like the g5... That I will take bets on...

Mac
    06-17-2017 10:24 PM
    I bet more folks keep this one, especially if LG looses the replaceable battery or does a glass back and curved edges on it.

I know that some folks will be all kiddy and just have to have the latest version... But they will alienate their core users, just like Samsung did when they removed the SD card.. And the phone will flop. LG isn't Samsung and can't really afford another flop like the g5... That I will take bets on...

Mac
    We shall see .
    06-18-2017 03:18 AM

Mac
    Keeping the same phone for two years https://www.androidcentral.com/keepi...hone-two-years
    06-18-2017 10:48 AM
    Keeping the same phone for two years https://www.androidcentral.com/keepi...hone-two-years
    Yup.. It's going to be interesting when the v30 comes out just to see if they cave in.

Mac
    06-18-2017 10:55 AM
    Still have mine but finding it lagging at times as the days and weeks go by
    06-18-2017 05:42 PM
    Still have mine but finding it lagging at times as the days and weeks go by
    Its probably some apps
    06-18-2017 06:57 PM
    Its probably some apps
    I have no doubt about that.
    06-18-2017 07:44 PM
    Great article and we should get security updates for at least 5 years but we don't and we won't so what are we to do? I rely on Norton on my old Note 3 and Razr Maxx HD backed up by occasional scans with Malwarebytes. Only Norton is active.

I'm also very careful what websites I visit. Norton safesearch helps with that.
    tomc1944 likes this.
    06-19-2017 01:13 PM
    Great article and we should get security updates for at least 5 years but we don't and we won't so what are we to do? I rely on Norton on my old Note 3 and Razr Maxx HD backed up by occasional scans with Malwarebytes. Only Norton is active.

I'm also very careful what websites I visit. Norton safesearch helps with that.
    Until consumers make noise and demand that phones be supported longer we are limited on updates. Just not sure what noise to make.
    06-19-2017 01:42 PM
    Until consumers make noise and demand that phones be supported longer we are limited on updates. Just not sure what noise to make.
    The only real way is to stick with iPhones or Nexus/Pixel phones which provide updates longer.... but I don't like those phones.
    06-19-2017 01:44 PM
    The only real way is to stick with iPhones or Nexus/Pixel phones which provide updates longer.... but I don't like those phones.
    I would consider pixel if it had the right features
    06-19-2017 01:51 PM
    I would consider pixel if it had the right features
    Pixels like Nexus are vanilla Andoid. I don't care for it. If they add the stuff I like (ir blaster etc) they wouldn't be Pixels so I doubt I would ever want one but that's just me
    06-19-2017 01:53 PM
    Pixels like Nexus are vanilla Andoid. I don't care for it. If they add the stuff I like (ir blaster etc) they wouldn't be Pixels so I doubt I would ever want one but that's just me
    That's why I don't buy one
    06-19-2017 06:06 PM
    I went a year on my Nexus 6p,and that was about 6 months too long IMHO. As I use the phone, the battery is down to 60% and I would have to send it or take it to someone to replace the battery in it.

No ir blaster, signal quality is not the greatest, Bluetooth has had some hiccups as well as the wifi,and it does not have a working fm radio chip in it.

I thought I would give the phone a fair shake and stay with it, but I was tired of the annoying things with it.

Oh.. I had all the latest updates but they really didn't help.

Mac
    06-19-2017 07:17 PM
    I went a year on my Nexus 6p,and that was about 6 months too long IMHO. As I use the phone, the battery is down to 60% and I would have to send it or take it to someone to replace the battery in it.

No ir blaster, signal quality is not the greatest, Bluetooth has had some hiccups as well as the wifi,and it does not have a working fm radio chip in it.

I thought I would give the phone a fair shake and stay with it, but I was tired of the annoying things with it.

Oh.. I had all the latest updates but they really didn't help.

Mac
    IME updates often make matters worse.
    06-23-2017 01:37 PM
    I'm still here typing on the V20 as you see this post.

With 2 new batteries waiting in the wing, I will be using this phone for several more years considering it'll still work.
    06-25-2017 03:29 AM
    I haven't had any issues with mine and it's still a great performer. I have an extended battery and it lasts for over a day and a half, at least, with heavy use, even when I use the GPS app at the golf course. Unless the V30 keeps the ability to change batteries, I'm keeping my V20.
    06-25-2017 12:21 PM
    Hopped to a US996 unlocked after the price slash; I used to have a V10 that I traded for a Note 7, and we all know what happened there. I missed this interface; this is like the V10 but better.

Glad you can get it unlocked; lack of updates is troubling, but at least you get Nougat.
    06-25-2017 02:39 PM
    I haven't had any issues with mine and it's still a great performer. I have an extended battery and it lasts for over a day and a half, at least, with heavy use, even when I use the GPS app at the golf course. Unless the V30 keeps the ability to change batteries, I'm keeping my V20.
    Your not alone... 👍

Mac
    06-25-2017 03:10 PM
    I just got my Brand New in the box for $369.00 and the price went up since.

Made in 2-2017 so fresh build and factory unlocked to use on any carrier

LG V20 64GB Unlocked GSM/CDMA 4G LTE Quad-Core Dual (16MP+8MP) Smartphone- Titan | eBay
    06-28-2017 06:45 PM
    I just got my Brand New in the box for $369.00 and the price went up since.

Made in 2-2017 so fresh build and factory unlocked to use on any carrier

LG V20 64GB Unlocked GSM/CDMA 4G LTE Quad-Core Dual (16MP+8MP) Smartphone- Titan | eBay
    Tran Trung Le likes this.
    06-28-2017 06:52 PM
    Still Loving mine despite having put a gouge in the screen. Not the phone's fault, although now I have to figure out what to do about that.
    07-20-2017 09:59 AM
    V30--nope. Not a chance.

v40--60/40, yes, depending on what it looks like and does, of course. I just hate upgrading. So much stuff to fix. We'll see.

v50--almost certainly, depending, as noted.
    07-23-2017 01:48 PM
    Still loving mine!
    08-10-2017 01:57 AM
143 ... 23456