Okay, going to try and explain the best I can. I go into contacts, tap a number to call........other phone starts ringing.......nobody ever answers..........look at phone to hang up.......WTH it's back to home screen........no 2nd screen (red/green phone - to hang up, etc.) and of course no main call screen.......but the dang phone keeps on ringing on the other end.......So, I go back into contacts, who I was originally dialing, tap on that contact to call again and phone stops ringing......I know it's weird.......Talked to Verizon and they have NO idea what might be going on. Ideas anyone? This started about a month ago, hit and miss, now it's getting more frequent.
    06-02-2017 04:43 PM
    Okay, going to try and explain the best I can. I go into contacts, tap a number to call........other phone starts ringing.......nobody ever answers..........look at phone to hang up.......WTH it's back to home screen........no 2nd screen (red/green phone - to hang up, etc.) and of course no main call screen.......but the dang phone keeps on ringing on the other end.......So, I go back into contacts, who I was originally dialing, tap on that contact to call again and phone stops ringing......I know it's weird.......Talked to Verizon and they have NO idea what might be going on. Ideas anyone? This started about a month ago, hit and miss, now it's getting more frequent.
    Not sure if It's a bug.. Hope Mike Dee reads this post of yours. Factory reset should work for sure but requires a lot of work. Hmm
    06-03-2017 09:51 AM
    I go into contacts, tap a number to call........other phone starts ringing.......nobody ever answers..........look at phone to hang up.......WTH it's back to home screen
    Does this happen when you use the regular Phone/Dialer application, or only when you use the method described?

It certainly sounds strange if it's the latter; some strange bug in the Contacts app?
    06-07-2017 03:16 PM
    I don't think I've ever come across this exact behavior. I'm tempted to say it's carrier related but you say they were stumped. I would try calling and asking for a tech.
    What app are you using? I would try running in safe mode to see if their is a third party app interfering. If it's fine in safe mode then you would have to figure out which app may be causing the problem. If it's still happening then try factory reset.
    If that doesn't work it may have to go back for repair to LG but I would make sure it's not a carrier issue because if it is LG might not be able to diagnose it. Try a different Sim card possibly. As an alternative you could ask Verizon for a replacement but you will probably get a refurbished unit.
    06-07-2017 04:36 PM
    Not sure if It's a bug.. Hope Mike Dee reads this post of yours. Factory reset should work for sure but requires a lot of work. Hmm
    Who is this man they call Mike Dee?
    06-07-2017 04:37 PM
    I'm using regular stock phone app. Dial, Recent, Contacts, groups. Go into contacts from dialer app, choose contact, then it happens. Not using 3rd party app. Also, have new SIM card, still same hit and miss problem.
    06-07-2017 04:46 PM
    I'm using regular stock phone app. Dial, Recent, Contacts, groups. Go into contacts from dialer app, choose contact, then it happens. Not using 3rd party app. Also, have new SIM card, still same hit and miss problem.
    Try safe mode to see if it persists. Then if you have trouble do a factory data reset but do a clean install with just stock apps to see its the phone or a rogue app. I would still talk to Verizon but ask for tier two tech support. If none of this works then you are only left with getting an exchange from Verizon or sending to LG for repair.
    06-07-2017 08:47 PM
    I'm using regular stock phone app. Dial, Recent, Contacts, groups. Go into contacts from dialer app, choose contact, then it happens.
    Yeah, my point is what happens if you actually dial a number?
    Or make one of those folks a Favorite and just select him/her from the main portion of the Dialer?
    06-09-2017 03:41 PM