Name the reason(s) on what made the V20 great

#1 BEST reason why you bought the V20 (ONLY PICK 1)

• Total voters

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Name only 1 reason why you picked the V20

Most probably picked it by default because of the Note 7 debacle and there was no other choice besides the older S7 Edge, Pixel XL, iPhone 7 Plus, or the other Chinese manufactures. Name the #1 feature that sold you on it!

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Name only 1 reason why you picked the V20

You're exactly right. I did choose it by default after having to give up my Note 7. I was mostly intrigued by the DAC. Funny because I hardly use it. The DAC is what first interested me, but the second screen ended up being my favorite feature.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

DAC... once I heard this device would have it, I was sold. I'm a DJ and I listen to a lot of music through the headphones. I needed an audio upgrade coming from a Nexus 6.

dtresca

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

Well, I just switched to AT&T from Sprint. Sprint is just awful where I live. The V20 was 50% off and I'm done with my iPhone 6S experiment. I thought, why the hell not?

I just ordered it today. Should be here in a couple days!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

The "everything" feature. (Removable battery, IR Blaster, the DAC, second screen, LCD, killer camera...) That's a single feature, right?Honestly, no one single feature sold me on it because it's the only phone that actually has most of what use to be standard features.

I was the most surprised to find out it has rear curtain sync flash built in to the camera app, but I haven't had a chance to really test it out. My concern is that the LED can't cycle on and back off fast enough at the end of the exposure to freeze a moving subject like a true camera flash can. Not to mention it's still a weak light that doesn't reach very far for photography use. So it's surprising to see this on a phone (DSLR's have had it for ages) and great for photography effects, but I've yet to determine if it's very functional.

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site

Removable Battery, most likely going to keep this one a long time and since batteries do not last forever they are cheap to replace.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

The "everything" feature. (Removable battery, IR Blaster, the DAC, second screen, LCD, killer camera...) That's a single feature, right?Honestly, no one single feature sold me on it because it's the only phone that actually has most of what use to be standard features.

I was the most surprised to find out it has rear curtain sync flash built in to the camera app, but I haven't had a chance to really test it out. My concern is that the LED can't cycle on and back off fast enough at the end of the exposure to freeze a moving subject like a true camera flash can. Not to mention it's still a weak light that doesn't reach very far for photography use. So it's surprising to see this on a phone (DSLR's have had it for ages) and great for photography effects, but I've yet to determine if it's very functional.

My thoughts are similar. There is no way for me to pin down my choice to one feature as the reason I bought this device. In future purchases though, a DAC would be a huge deciding factor, however so would a wide angle camera.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

It was a culmination of things for me but I voted for the IR blaster. I was very interested in this phone and was pretty much set on grabbing one but when I read that it had an IR blaster, that sealed the deal for me. I was also amazed at how fast and responsive the FPS was. FPS on the back of the device is the way to go.

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site

I chose the removable battery but a close second to me is to able to do audio recording of rock concerts. The mics are omni-directional and they get really hot if the sound is very loud but I use the attenuator in the recording app to prevent clipping. The bass levels suck and I have to boost them at home via Audacity. But when I show my taper friends that I can record in 16 bit or 24 bit FLAC with my phone, they can't believe that a phone can do this. Seriously, this feature is what I was most excited about but it wasn't why I picked the V20. I wanted to return to have a phone with a battery that I can replace myself. The audio recording feature is a blessing to tapers.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

My wife wanted it because she has dropsys with phones also loved v10 till bootloop
I got one because of battery swap and I really like the look and feel. Even in cases both of us are very happy. Neither of us liked the G6 or any of the high end Samsung phones. Close was the moto.
Just our opinion.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Cast your vote! If there are more than one feature, just pick the number one feature that's most important to you. Let's see what the MAJORITY wants from the V series and hopefully this will influence the next V30.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Cast your vote! If there are more than one feature, just pick the number one feature that's most important to you. Let's see what the MAJORITY wants from the V series and hopefully this will influence the next V30.

I doubt we will influence LG

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I too have many different reasons why I picked it. Love all of the features it has but the number one reason was the removable battery. SURE you DON'T NEED one because the phone is very efficient already with fast charge (faster than Samsung's) but overtime, a smartphone battery will get weaker. My last Samsung phone had a sealed battery and the battery was already showing signs of wear, although it had a whopping 3500 mAh and only using a small 5.1' screen (probably because of wireless charging may have damaged the battery by overheating it). Also, I remember my S4 and S5 having swappable batteries and I love how simple and fast it is to get 100% again and I missed having that freedom! I have 4 batteries and I'll never need to worry about low battery. Aside from that, the other features rock and no other smart phone could pack this much into a single package.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I too have many different reasons why I picked it. Love all of the features it has but the number one reason was the removable battery. SURE you DON'T NEED one because the phone is very efficient already with fast charge (faster than Samsung's) but overtime, a smartphone battery will get weaker. My last Samsung phone had a sealed battery and the battery was already showing signs of wear, although it had a whopping 3500 mAh and only using a small 5.1' screen (probably because of wireless charging may have damaged the battery by overheating it). Also, I remember my S4 and S5 having swappable batteries and I love how simple and fast it is to get 100% again and I missed having that freedom! I have 4 batteries and I'll never need to worry about low battery. Aside from that, the other features rock and no other smart phone could pack this much into a single package.

Everyone has their priority and all things bring equal then I would pick removable, but all things are not equal so I wouldn't buy a phone just because it had a removable battery. I wouldn't buy a phone just because it had HIFI DAC or any one specific feature.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

Good survey but I agree with Mike, doubt LG evens knows we exist
Lol

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Good survey but I agree with Mike, doubt LG evens knows we exist
Lol

They probably know we exist, however we are a small part of the consumer population and don't have much bearing on what goes out to the marketplace.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463