07-31-2017 08:54 AM
64 123
tools
    I am happy with it. Question though...when I plug in my headphones it says 75%...I know that's pretty loud already, but it doesn't go higher?
    Yeah....not sure why its set up that way but I've never seen 100 even at Hi-Impedance Mode. Maybe there's a logic to it. Most songs would be too loud even at 75 except maybe some at low output.
    06-21-2017 05:32 AM
    I am happy with it. Question though...when I plug in my headphones it says 75%...I know that's pretty loud already, but it doesn't go higher?
    Forgot to mention that if I use Poweramp and turn on their internal volume control it has a scale that goes to 100.
    06-21-2017 05:35 AM
    Forgot to mention that if I use Poweramp and turn on their internal volume control it has a scale that goes to 100.
    Poweramp? That's an app?
    06-21-2017 06:05 AM
    Poweramp? That's an app?
    No....third party music player that plays an music you have stored. It has more functions than the stock LG music player if you have it. There's a trial version in the play store that's good for two weeks.
    06-21-2017 06:10 AM
    Ok thanks!
    06-21-2017 06:21 AM
    hi guys i came from a v10 to v20 and am trying to figure out how to force or trick the phone into high impedence mode. i have audio technica headphones that are low impedence and the phone is not rooted. on the v10 you could unplug the headphones, make a call and connect the headphones while the call was connecting to magically get high impedence. the volume is pretty great and the sound quality amazing even in the 'an external audio device is connected' mode (i'm using an extension cable to get at least somewhat better sound than normal). anyway i mainly bought these headphones for long flights and with the added ambient noise of a plane and am hoping someone has a trick to get this phone into high impedence mode.

thank you!!
    07-23-2017 11:55 PM
    The V20 has the most powerful and highest quality sound output I've ever heard (laptop & desktop can't beat it). I can get by without it, but the enjoyment experience will go down.
    07-24-2017 12:33 AM
    hi guys i came from a v10 to v20 and am trying to figure out how to force or trick the phone into high impedence mode. i have audio technica headphones that are low impedence and the phone is not rooted. on the v10 you could unplug the headphones, make a call and connect the headphones while the call was connecting to magically get high impedence. the volume is pretty great and the sound quality amazing even in the 'an external audio device is connected' mode (i'm using an extension cable to get at least somewhat better sound than normal). anyway i mainly bought these headphones for long flights and with the added ambient noise of a plane and am hoping someone has a trick to get this phone into high impedence mode.

thank you!!
    Only trick I heard of is to buy an adaptor that adds resistance to the circuit,
    07-24-2017 07:27 AM
    Bought a pair of these Bose noise cancelling earbuds and I'm not sure if the DAC is 100% required for me anymore. These things are phenomenal. Its much different having a completely silent environment to listen to music all the time. Although I certainly want a DAC in any phone and highly desire one, it might not be the all or nothing deal breaker anymore.

Btw, if LG had included these earbuds for free with the LG V20 instead of those overpriced B&O earbuds, they would have sold 10x as many phones!

V20 owners: Are you glad you have a Quad DAC?-s-l1600.jpg
    07-29-2017 11:49 AM
    Bought a pair of these Bose noise cancelling earbuds and I'm not sure if the DAC is 100% required for me anymore. These things are phenomenal. Its much different having a completely silent environment to listen to music all the time. Although I certainly want a DAC in any phone and highly desire one, it might not be the all or nothing deal breaker anymore.

Btw, if LG had included these earbuds for free with the LG V20 instead of those overpriced B&O earbuds, they would have sold 10x as many phones!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	264789
    Noise cancelling headphones do not improve sound output. You are hearing an improvement in sound because background noise is being squelched or eliminated. Some Noise Cancellation headphones are too powerful and as a result actually have a detrimental effect on sound. As an example the Bose QC25 and QC35 have one of the best noise cancelling profiles but you can actually hear a difference in the sound profile when NC is active. The DAC is an improvement regardless of what headphones you use.
    07-29-2017 01:37 PM
    For the most part, I am. In the past few months, I bought a couple of sweet blue tooth buds and forgotten about the built-in DAC. I understand that the DAC with a decent powered phones will beat the BT buds but I'm liking it nonetheless.
    07-29-2017 06:43 PM
    Only trick I heard of is to buy an adaptor that adds resistance to the circuit,
    i'll have to try the one from ebay i saw in a tutorial once. i've tried several other cable adaptors...i always get the 'external device connected' under DAC setttings which does seem to be an improvement over 'normal'. but i never get volume over 75 which is sometimes necessary on a loud plane. maybe i will look for high impedance noise cancelling headphones for travel. if anyone has a recommendation i would appreciate it.

thank you!!
    07-31-2017 07:56 AM
    i'll have to try the one from ebay i saw in a tutorial once. i've tried several other cable adaptors...i always get the 'external device connected' under DAC setttings which does seem to be an improvement over 'normal'. but i never get volume over 75 which is sometimes necessary on a loud plane. maybe i will look for high impedance noise cancelling headphones for travel. if anyone has a recommendation i would appreciate it. thank you!!
    The volume never goes over 75 regardless of mode or impedance. 75 is really Max volume and I don't know why they set it up like that. Usiing Poweramp I can set the app to use it's built in volume control and that will go to 100 but 100 is the same as 75 in the native app.
    07-31-2017 08:11 AM
    The volume never goes over 75 regardless of mode or impedance. 75 is really Max volume and I don't know why they set it up like that. Usiing Poweramp I can set the app to use it's built in volume control and that will go to 100 but 100 is the same as 75 in the native app.
    ha! really? i forgot to mention yesterday for a brief moment i got the disconnect the headphones-make a call-connect the headphones to trick the phone into high impedance mode-trick to work. and while it did sound louder you're right it did not go past 75. i wish i could get that mode consistently. will get high impedance headphones next time!

also i had poweramp on my LG V10 that went to 100 and didnt love the interface. i am trying PULSAR on this phone and digging it so far.

thanks for the info!
    07-31-2017 08:54 AM
64 123