V20 owners: Are you glad you have a Quad DAC?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If you own a V20, are you happy with the QUAD DAC and getting good use from it?
If you like it, but have ideas for improvements, what are they?

Last edited:

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Yes, but you should be able to manually select the gain modes. Just because a headphone is low impedance does not mean it is easy to drive

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I have found only my really good pair of headphones make much of a difference. I would have liked to see it work with the phone's speaker, which by the way should be a lot better at this price point.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have found only my really good pair of headphones make much of a difference. I would have liked to see it work with the phone's speaker, which by the way should be a lot better at this price point.

I don't think it would do much for the speaker. It could use better speakers to begin with.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sounds great with studio headphones or monitor speakers. Sounds better than my laptop. I have the ATH-M40x. Very glad to have it, music sounds amazing, I hope they don't take it off on the V30.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Sounds great with studio headphones or monitor speakers. Sounds better than my laptop. I have the ATH-M40x. Very glad to have it, music sounds amazing, I hope they don't take it off on the V30.

Yeah if they do that, then they take one of the main selling features of the v30. If that and the removable battery is gone, so will the V series eventually, at least IMO.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't care less about it. Can't tell the difference with it turned on or off and I primarily listen via Bluetooth anyway.

ddoyle777

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I think the quad dac makes an incredible difference. I've got a bunch of high res files (@192) that I couldn't play on my iphone and they sound really great with the V20, jetAudio plus, and A & K Rosies.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I miss it.. with that said, I barely used it. I used it more on my V10.. but the difference is staggering.. while it's not bad on the G6 it just isn't amazing like the V series.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I have to add another thing I didn't notice before. I'm sitting in the doctors office while my had small procedure and watched something on Netflix with my good headphones. Holey moley what a great experience

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
I have to add another thing I didn't notice before. I'm sitting in the doctors office while my wife had small procedure and watched something on Netflix with my good headphones. Holey moley what a great experience

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Supposedly there is a fix for better speaker sound on the V20. You have to remove the speaker grill though. I haven't tried it (have to build the courage, lol) yet. Only draw back is that by removing the grill more dirt and dust might enter the phone. Here is the link:

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how...eaker-sound-with-simple-hardware-mod-0176333/

The protection is there for a reason. I guess if you use the speaker to listen to music, the speaker is not adequate. For my needs.... Speaker phone mostly, it does the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair