I am in a quandary here and I have till this time tomorrow to get it right.

I just received the HTC U11 and I haven't activated it yet.

I was told by HTC's reps as well Sprints reps that the phone was capable of using the fm chipset for broadcast fm radio. Long story short.. It's not.

I had a v10 at one time (no bootloops fortunately) and it was a pretty good phone but gimped by AT&T, and now I am moving to Sprint.

I have read just about every review of the v20 and know that it's a solid phone... So my question is how is it on Sprint? Can you use Next Radio on it?

Those on Sprint... What would you do, get the LG or keep the HTC? I know.. LG bias here but be 100% honest with me and tell me what you think... I am leaning heavily towards the LG, but am torn by the HTC...

Thanks

Mac
    06-08-2017 01:12 PM
    Not sure about Sprint but the FM is disabled by Verizon
    06-08-2017 01:44 PM
    Anyone on Sprint?
    Thanks

Mac
    06-08-2017 03:26 PM
    I am in a quandary here and I have till this time tomorrow to get it right.

I just received the HTC U11 and I haven't activated it yet.

I was told by HTC's reps as well Sprints reps that the phone was capable of using the fm chipset for broadcast fm radio. Long story short.. It's not.

I had a v10 at one time (no bootloops fortunately) and it was a pretty good phone but gimped by AT&T, and now I am moving to Sprint.

I have read just about every review of the v20 and know that it's a solid phone... So my question is how is it on Sprint? Can you use Next Radio on it?

Those on Sprint... What would you do, get the LG or keep the HTC? I know.. LG bias here but be 100% honest with me and tell me what you think... I am leaning heavily towards the LG, but am torn by the HTC...

Thanks

Mac
    If you already paid for it then keep the U11 otherwise it'll be a waste of money (unless you can return it or sell it). Otherwise, yes it's an excellent choice and alterative. If you like music, it has a Quad DAC for better audio quality listening, HEADPHONE jack unlike the U11, 64GB storage with microSD, and it's more durable vs the HTC's all glass design. Since you used to have the V10 and liked it, you'll like the V20. I'm guessing the U11 will have a better camera experience however since it has a higher DxOMark rating.

My vote is for the V20 if you're looking forward to use it as a music player, it'll blow the U11 out the water. You can probably buy used for 1/3 cost of the U11 on Swappa or eBay ($275-$350). If I were you I'd sell back the U11 while it's worth a lot of money since it's new. I sold my S8 Plus and went back to the V20.

Also, we can confirm that the V20 US unlocked and the Verizon model does NOT have FM radio. Sad that I don't have it on mines but I have TMobile's music unlimited so streaming music is free. Plus I have a cheap Moto E 2nd Gen that has it.
    Kdroid likes this.
    06-08-2017 07:08 PM
    If you already paid for it then keep the U11 otherwise it'll be a waste of money (unless you can return it or sell it). Otherwise, yes it's an excellent choice and alterative. If you like music, it has a Quad DAC for better audio quality listening, HEADPHONE jack unlike the U11, 64GB storage with microSD, and it's more durable vs the HTC's all glass design. Since you used to have the V10 and liked it, you'll like the V20. I'm guessing the U11 will have a better camera experience however since it has a higher DxOMark rating.

My vote is for the V20 if you're looking forward to use it as a music player, it'll blow the U11 out the water. You can probably buy used for 1/3 cost of the U11 on Swappa or eBay ($275-$350). If I were you I'd sell back the U11 while it's worth a lot of money since it's new. I sold my S8 Plus and went back to the V20.

Also, we can confirm that the V20 US unlocked and the Verizon model does NOT have FM radio. Sad that I don't have it on mines but I have TMobile's music unlimited so streaming music is free. Plus I have a cheap Moto E 2nd Gen that has it.
    Thank you...

My U11 is brand new and unassigned so I can return it and get the v20 tomorrow morning.

I think I will be better off with the v20 over the u11, and yes I did like my v10 but the battery life was pretty atrocious and no root for it. At least the v20 is a little better from what I have read and the Sprint version has root and custom roms for it.

I just hate having to wait for updates from lg..

One last question... Does anyone have any idea if the v20 is Dolby Vision capable with a firmware update? I know that the g6 has it..

Thanks again

Mac
    06-08-2017 09:01 PM
    I have a V20. At this point in time it does not support Dolby vision
    06-08-2017 11:28 PM
    I took the u11 back and picked up the v20 today.

It does come with a fm radio

Mac
    06-09-2017 04:50 PM
    And it sounds absolutely fabulous too..Can't wait till i get my music all loaded up.

Right now there are no regrets on taking the u11 back for my v20

Mac
    06-09-2017 07:05 PM
    And it sounds absolutely fabulous too..Can't wait till i get my music all loaded up.

Right now there are no regrets on taking the u11 back for my v20

Mac
    If you don't already have some, treat yourself to a nice set of cans.
    06-09-2017 08:31 PM
    I plan on buying some Grado's real soon,but I already have some Momentum in ears and some. Sony MDR xb40's along with someLG Platinum bt till then...lol

Mac
    06-09-2017 11:24 PM