constantly losing connection and data

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had that problem. When I'm on the phone it randomly drops calls and sometimes the whole network had gone out. Today it would immediately hang up when I call or receive a call.

My data has been sporadic on WiFi and off.

I have hard reset already.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had that problem. When I'm on the phone it randomly drops calls and sometimes the whole network had gone out. Today it would immediately hang up when I call or receive a call.

My data has been sporadic on WiFi and off.

I have hard reset already.

Who is your carrier?

If you have

US GSM, set Network Mode to LTE/GSM/UMTS
US CDMA: LTE/CDMA
International: GLOBAL

Binxiboobear

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I have had connection issues with 3 phones now. I'm on AT&T. I was told it was not their network or my Sim card. I get more dropped calls than I've ever had. Any advice?

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had connection issues with 3 phones now. I'm on AT&T. I was told it was not their network or my Sim card. I get more dropped calls than I've ever had. Any advice?

Random dropped calls right? Had your signal just dropped off completely? Sometimes when I restart my phone, I have to wait another minutes after the phone turns on for signal to pop up

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Random dropped calls right? Had your signal just dropped off completely? Sometimes when I restart my phone, I have to wait another minutes after the phone turns on for signal to pop up

Do you have coverage where you live? Do you have an extra backup phone you can pop your sim card in to test? Take it to a Verizon store to get them to check it out. I haven't had any issues whatsoever. The only thing is when I'm in a crowded place, the reception (I'm on prepaid T-Mobile) causes me to miss/drop calls and no access to data.

Binxiboobear

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I have dropped calls and at times I lose complete service, where there should not be any issues, or never had before. It's not just one location. Home, work, travel, great service ares.. Etc.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My buddy on Verizon is still enjoying his. Phone works well for voice/video calls and he is having no issues with data (averaging 25-30 GB a month).

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have dropped calls and at times I lose complete service, where there should not be any issues, or never had before. It's not just one location. Home, work, travel, great service ares.. Etc.

That's what happens to me. One minute you are talking then they can't hear you anymore then the call drops.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Do you have coverage where you live? Do you have an extra backup phone you can pop your sim card in to test? Take it to a Verizon store to get them to check it out. I haven't had any issues whatsoever. The only thing is when I'm in a crowded place, the reception (I'm on prepaid T-Mobile) causes me to miss/drop calls and no access to data.

It's not the location. I've never had these problems in the past. I'm hoping that it's just the device. Verizon sent me another one, so I have to set it up and see if anything changes.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My buddy on Verizon is still enjoying his. Phone works well for voice/video calls and he is having no issues with data (averaging 25-30 GB a month).

It's still the best phone or in my opinion, and I love it. If the second one has the same issues, I'm going to have to jump on the next Note until the V30 arrives

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's still the best phone or in my opinion, and I love it. If the second one has the same issues, I'm going to have to jump on the next Note until the V30 arrives

Nice :). Knowing my buddy he will stay on the V20 for awhile. He is one of those people who buys a phone and will use it for a good long while before making his next jump... Especially since this V20 is free (Verizon is paying for it via bill credits) so that makes it even better for him haha :D.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been having similar problems with my V20 and according to Verizon, the cause is poor data connectivity affecting HD Voice. Their "fix" for me was to have me turn off HD Voice which seems to have fixed the problem for the most part.

David

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to read about the issues. My V20 on Verizon has (and is) been fine. Great reception and no
dropped calls. I even live in fly over country, southwest desert.

Lateck,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze