I've tried a couple of devices that claim to connect V20 to tv by wired usb c to HDMI connector. They work for a while then the picture is lost or the phone itself freezes up. About the longest play I've gotten successfully is an hour but usually something goes wrong within 15 minutes.

The phone has been out over 6 months now so I thought someone may have found a really dependable HDMI connector? I don't mind the lack of power in because I can always change batteries but phone should be able to play through HDMI long enough to watch one movie. That's all I really need hut I don't want to have to screw around with it 10 times to watch one movie.
    06-17-2017 04:45 PM
    I had the same issue when I was trying to cast my V20 to my smart TV. It would work for like 15 to 30 minutes and then it would freeze up and I'd have to close the casting app and read open it. Never had an issue with my M9, S6 or S7 Edge. It didn't happen as bad with my S8+ either. I even tried overriding doze on my AllCast app. Not sure if it's a Nougat thing. Annoying as hell whatever it is. Way to take a step backward.
    06-17-2017 05:03 PM
    Perhaps I'm thinking of a different device - doesn't the V20 use a Slimport connection?

Anyway, are you using a short (3' or less) cable? I had a similar problem with a different phone and once I bought a short HDMI cable my problems went away.
    06-18-2017 02:48 AM
    Perhaps I'm thinking of a different device - doesn't the V20 use a Slimport connection?

Anyway, are you using a short (3' or less) cable? I had a similar problem with a different phone and once I bought a short HDMI cable my problems went away.
    Yes V20 is slimport compatible. There is a review with plain slimport converter on youtube and it does the same thing. I called lg and the guy pretended he didn't know what hdmi or slimport were
    so wouldn't give recommendations.

My razr maxx hd and note 3 both work perfectly with their own different connectors but only 720p. The advantage of v20 is 1080p if I can get the damn thing to stay on without disconnecting or freezing.

Yes I have a very short cord < 3ft.
    06-19-2017 11:51 AM
    I've tried a couple of devices that claim to connect V20 to tv by wired usb c to HDMI connector. They work for a while then the picture is lost or the phone itself freezes up. About the longest play I've gotten successfully is an hour but usually something goes wrong within 15 minutes.

The phone has been out over 6 months now so I thought someone may have found a really dependable HDMI connector? I don't mind the lack of power in because I can always change batteries but phone should be able to play through HDMI long enough to watch one movie. That's all I really need hut I don't want to have to screw around with it 10 times to watch one movie.
    Have you tried a Chromecast? Screen cast the entire screen, no wires, no hassle.
    06-19-2017 09:03 PM
    Have you tried a Chromecast? Screen cast the entire screen, no wires, no hassle.
    As I said I use it in a hotel so no open wifi. I prefer to use wired HDMI.

Netflix does not work well with Chromecast but even if it did you need wifi which is not available.
    06-19-2017 09:05 PM
    Towabo 3.1 USB C-type connector for a less than $30 from Amazon. Separate input for power. Fantastico on S8.
    06-22-2017 08:08 AM
    I've never found that to be a good method for streaming movies. Playback is often choppy. You need a good casting app like AllCast, WebVideoCaster etc.. Honestly, I haven't tried it in a while though so maybe it has improved.
    06-23-2017 09:50 AM
    Towabo 3.1 USB C-type connector for a less than $30 from Amazon. Separate input for power. Fantastico on S8.
    Have you tried streaming an entire movie from Netflix? My problem could be my connector but it could also be something specific to V20 or to Netflix.
    06-23-2017 01:35 PM