How do you keep your V20 cool?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know it's a strange question but summer is coming up and temperatures can reach up to 107 degrees fahrenheit. How are you taking precautions to keep your device temps low? Sometimes I would run the car AC and stick the phone right next to it to cool it down if it gets too hot. I also have a custom fan pad/stand to keep it cool.

Edit: Reason why I asked is because the G6 has a heatpipe and the V20 doesn't. Just wondering.

Also where I live gets only up to 97 lol unless you live near dry lands, fortunately I live near the coast. Still gets hot however especially in the car.

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
summer is coming up and temperatures can reach up to 107 degrees fahrenheit.
Ha! In Phoenix that's only considered 'warm' - it's not 'hot' until it's above 110°. It's supposed to be 120° on Monday (that's considered 'damn hot' ).

To answer your question, though - I keep my Nexus 6P directly in front of an A/C vent and sometimes that's not enough (particularly if it's charging); then I have to make sure it's out of direct sunlight.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
We live in N.C.,western mountains. If gets over 85 we think it's hot, lol
Never had to do anything special about any electronics.
Actually even in the days of living in South Fla never worried.
You would think that they would be built to handle a range of Temps.
Good question though,going to Google and see if there is more info.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They do have safeguards in place, and LG seems to be the most aggressive about it. If the phone starts getting warm, charging will be throttled and performance possibly rolled back. In LG's case, it cuts the charge rate to almost a trickle if the phone even thinks about getting warm.

I know at some point, you you should get overheating warnings, plus reduced screen brightness and performance.

But the phones should be able to handle the occasional 120°F ok. Over that and you start getting in to iffy territory, mostly concerning battery health. Electronics in general should be able to handle temps that we would consider hot. Heck, I could almost grill a steak on my gaming laptop with how hot the heatsink got and that was normal.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Ha! In Phoenix that's only considered 'warm' - it's not 'hot' until it's above 110°. It's supposed to be 120° on Monday (that's considered 'damn hot' ).

To answer your question, though - I keep my Nexus 6P directly in front of an A/C vent and sometimes that's not enough (particularly if it's charging); then I have to make sure it's out of direct sunlight.

How do you survive, I'm already dying out here around 95 with my shirt off lol I hope you have AC at your house. We don't.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
We live in N.C.,western mountains. If gets over 85 we think it's hot, lol
Never had to do anything special about any electronics.
Actually even in the days of living in South Fla never worried.
Good question though,going to Google and see if there is more info.

Yeah I really wonder what's the max temp before it melts or gets damaged internally.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I really wonder what's the max temp before it melts or gets damaged internally.
The batteries should be good to about 150°F I think, but you could lose some life. The circuit boards and such I think are often rated higher, but depends more on the solder connections and their heat tolerances. *cough*G4 and V10*cough*

*EDIT*

This article mentions the standard operating range for general commercial electronics up to 70°C, which equates to 158°F.

https://www.electronics-cooling.com/2004/02/the-temperature-ratings-of-electronic-parts/

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
To sum up....
Thank goodness for six packs and working ac

When I was much younger you could not get six packs on Sunday you had to get pints or quarts in cardboard containers from a bar. But then gas was 0.35 a gallon. LOL OH and your home phone was on a party line. Anyone that old here.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
When I was much younger you could not get six packs on Sunday you had to get pints or quarts in cardboard containers from a bar. But then gas was 0.35 a gallon. LOL OH and your home phone was on a party line. Anyone that old here.

At least that old. We would collect quarters for gas and the only cars we had were old and American lol
And get free glasses with a fillup

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
At least that old. We would collect quarters for gas and the only cars we had were old and American lol
And get free glasses with a fillup

VHS, cassette tapes, floppy disks, giant CRT monitors and 13' TVs, $5 movie tickets, POGs, FM Walkman, cereals with a prize inside.

Edit: NES cartridges, Sega Master System, Comic Books, Surge soda.

Last edited:

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Best way to keep it cool here in Florida is don't leave the phone in the car ever! Unless it's turned off and under the seat or in the glove box.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Best way to keep it cool here in Florida is don't leave the phone in the car ever! Unless it's turned off and under the seat or in the glove box.

Don't recommend the glove box, still gets VERY hot. Left a phone in there, and it was super warm. The trunk might be a little better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781