What headphones /Earbuds are you using

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Right now, I use my Sony MDR 7620's and my Sennhiemer Momentums for wired and my LG Platinums for Bluetooth.

These are some of the best I have used on it.

What are you using?

Mac

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use the tone infinim that a I had before this phone and I got a pair or tone active plus that sound phenomenal on this phone as compared to the infinims!

shadavis08

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I also have some Audio Techina
ATH M50x over the ear cans that sound pretty awesome. I have Dolby Atmos and Viper Android installed which just makes it all sound better!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Audio Technica ATX-M40x. These are over the ear headphones so they are big, however extremely comfortable (I wear them to sleep!). They have very high reviews, I did my homework before buying them. Pretty cheap price at $79.99, a pair of Beats headphones would cost you 2x as much and sounds absolutely terrible (very bad ever since Apple bought them from Monster). Only thing is the cables that are included (coiled and non-coiled) are very long because they were meant to be used for studios and professional use, so I have to tie it up. Combine these headphones with the V20's HiFi DAC, you get eargasm. I actually was thinking about the Sony MDR7506 as well (which is a very good headphone as well), but after I saw a side by side comparison with the M40x, I ended up choosing the M40x and was glad I did.

If you want a cheap, yet very good headphone, I recommend the Sony MDRZX110. I use it for the gym when I work out, and it sounds very good for the price. Actually sounds better than Beats headphones. Costs around $10-15, you could probably find it at Ross, Best Buy, or Amazon/eBay. I bought some overstock ones for $8 on eBay.

If you're looking for some VERY good home PC or theater speakers, I recommend 2x of Mackie MR mk3 speakers paired with a Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer. No need to go to the club or to a concert to listen to good music. Connect it to my V20 and it feels like I'm actually there at a live performance!

If you're looking for a good Android audio player, I recommend BlackPlayer EX. Very easy, simple interface with lots of custom options including equalizer and smart settings.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Audio Technica ATX-M40x. These are over the ear headphones so they are big, however extremely comfortable (I wear them to sleep!). They have very high reviews, I did my homework before buying them. Pretty cheap price at $79.99, a pair of Beats headphones would cost you 2x as much and sounds absolutely terrible (very bad ever since Apple bought them from Monster). Only thing is the cables that are included (coiled and non-coiled) are very long because they were meant to be used for studios and professional use, so I have to tie it up. Combine these headphones with the V20's HiFi DAC, you get eargasm. I actually was thinking about the Sony MDR7506 as well (which is a very good headphone as well), but after I saw a side by side comparison with the M40x, I ended up choosing the M40x and was glad I did.

If you want a cheap, yet very good headphone, I recommend the Sony MDRZX110. I use it for the gym when I work out, and it sounds very good for the price. Actually sounds better than Beats headphones. Costs around $10-15, you could probably find it at Ross, Best Buy, or Amazon/eBay. I bought some overstock ones for $8 on eBay.

If you're looking for some VERY good home PC or theater speakers, I recommend 2x of Mackie MR mk3 speakers paired with a Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer. No need to go to the club or to a concert to listen to good music. Connect it to my V20 and it feels like I'm actually there at a live performance!

If you're looking for a good Android audio player, I recommend BlackPlayer EX. Very easy, simple interface with lots of custom options including equalizer and smart settings.

The good thing about the ZX110s is that the trigger the high impedance mode with noise cancellation active. The noise cancellation itself doesn't do much that I can tell.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Jay Bird X3 wireless earbuds. Absolutely love them for plane travel

Would definitely give a + 1 for these. The Jay Bird X3 are some pretty good earphones. Always hear great reviews about them.

My current travel or home headphones are the JBL Everest Elite 300 for $249. 😃 I think it's great value for what you getting.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to convince the wife of my need to get some really good Earbuds..

Specifically the Mee audio Pinnacle P1's.

I've seen a quite a few excellent reviews of these and sounds like my type of sonic signature. They aren't cheap, but you do get a lot for your money..

Mac

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Jay Bird X3 wireless earbuds. Absolutely love them for plane travel

I have a pair of the original Jaybird Bluebud X and I love them. They just stopped working on me. I went out and bought a pair of X3's and I ended up returning them. They were skipping and cutting out like crazy. I wear them in the over the ear configuration and I guess that is a known problem with the X3's. I found multiple threads with people having the same issue. Their solution is to wear them under the ear. Completely unacceptable for a pair of $120.00 headphones IMO. The reason I bought them was because I love the over the ear, tight to the head configuration for lifting at the gym and running. Glad you're having better luck than I am.

I ended up getting a pair of these and I love them! They fit my ears better than the Jaybirds and are a fraction of the cost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5861081

I figure If I get 2 years out them, I'll be completely happy. I only got 2.5 years before the Jaybirds wore out and wouldn't turn on anymore. Granted, I did use them a lot so I'm not really complaining about that aspect. I was very happy with them and was more than happy to buy the X3's but was completely bummed that they weren't as good as the Bluebird X's.

Anyway, I figured I'd share that link because if you're looking for a good sounding pair of wireless headphones for the gym or running etc.. I strongly recommend the Phaiser BHS-750. If you like Jaybirds, give them a try.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a pair of the original Jaybird Bluebud X and I love them. They just stopped working on me. I went out and bought a pair of X3's and I ended up returning them. They were skipping and cutting out like crazy. I wear them in the over the ear configuration and I guess that is a known problem with the X3's. I found multiple threads with people having the same issue. Their solution is to wear them under the ear. Completely unacceptable for a pair of $120.00 headphones IMO. The reason I bought them was because I love the over the ear, tight to the head configuration for lifting at the gym and running. Glad you're having better luck than I am.

I ended up getting a pair of these and I love them! They fit my ears better than the Jaybirds and are a fraction of the cost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5862093

I figure If I get 2 years out them, I'll be completely happy. I only got 2.5 years before the Jaybirds wore out and wouldn't turn on anymore. Granted, I did use them a lot so I'm not really complaining about that aspect. I was very happy with them and was more than happy to buy the X3's but was completely bummed that they weren't as good as the Bluebird X's.

Anyway, I figured I'd share that link because if you're looking for a good sounding pair of wireless headphones for the gym or running etc.. I strongly recommend the Phaiser BHS-750. If you like Jaybirds, give them a try.

Right on! Very much appreciate the information. I've never experienced the issue you did but I'll certainly check the Phaiser BHS - 750'S out