Poll: Do you use the IR blaster?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There are WAY too many buttons and the layout for each remote is always different. The only remote that I find easy to use and is my Samsung TV remote, pretty basic and doesn't have that many buttons.
There is an app in the playstore that is a duplicate of samsung remote and it works fine on the v20.

It has 2 formats: normal and compact. My home remote looks like the full one.
928cbbaab1d4cc2c2c5e11e267199692.jpg
96d0789d3513ba082b7a132328b346b3.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not a V20 owner but this shows in recent posts so I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I have NEVER found a IR Blaster on my phone to be useful, played around with it on a tablet once, didn't care for it, have had a few phones with them and didn't use the feature.

For whatever reason I enjoy having it on a smart watch. Especially when traveling, who has time to fight over a hotel remote.
I had an old Samsung smartwatch with built in ir blaster but it only works with a Samsung phone. Are there any Android smartwatches with ir blaster?

bojo90

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Back and forth between 1 and 2. Love the functionality. No clue why they would get rid of it. Apple might need to bring it out as an awesome new feature and then Android phones will bring it back. Wishful thinking...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Back and forth between 1 and 2. Love the functionality. No clue why they would get rid of it. Apple might need to bring it out as an awesome new feature and then Android phones will bring it back. Wishful thinking...
I'd be happy if they even put it in Androidwear like Samsung did in Gear 2

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to bring this Thread back because I needed to use my phone's IR blaster because my GF was sleeping on our TV remote and I didn't want to wake her. I need to update my phone but it seems useful hardware features like the blaster are ignored now.

TheJuuj

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Very often. I have multiple devices with multiple different remotes and the phone with an IR blaster just helps bring everything together

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to bring this Thread back because I needed to use my phone's IR blaster because my GF was sleeping on our TV remote and I didn't want to wake her. I need to update my phone but it seems useful hardware features like the blaster are ignored now.

Nice! Good idea. I use my V20 IR blaster when my family leaves the living room TV on at night. It also works great for pranking people all the time lol.

Chromium 4

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I recently used mine at a Wendy's. There was some inane yip-yap talk show on some brand of TV I had never heard of. Looked it up and there it was in my Quick Remote directory and presto, ESPN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007