Recently I have begin having some call issues with my phone. About 25% of the time, when I receive a call, it's garbled and almost impossible to hear. If I hang up and they call me right back, no problems. Also, it doesn't appear to happen when I make the call. I'm in the Seattle area, and it is happening all around the Puget Sound area, so not a single place.

Anyone having this issue too?
    07-07-2017 03:11 PM
    You might try resetting the PRL which helps with getting the signal from the best cell tower. Each cell phone carrier has it's own number you need to dial in order for your phone to find the best tower. You should be able to do a google search to find the number for your carrier that you need to dial.
    07-08-2017 11:24 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone originally from AT&T, or was it unlocked from a different carrier? If it's from AT&T, is your HD Voice setting turned on or off?

I believe resetting the PRL is primarily for CDMA networks, so there probably isn't an easy way to do it on AT&T.
    07-08-2017 02:46 PM
    Not sure if this may help and if it even applies to AT&T, but I was having similar problems with call quality on my Verizon V20. Turns out that turning off WiFi calling made a significant improvement for me.

David
    07-08-2017 06:06 PM
    Also try turning off VoLTE
    07-09-2017 11:23 AM
    Recently I have begin having some call issues with my phone. About 25% of the time, when I receive a call, it's garbled and almost impossible to hear. If I hang up and they call me right back, no problems. Also, it doesn't appear to happen when I make the call. I'm in the Seattle area, and it is happening all around the Puget Sound area, so not a single place.

Anyone having this issue too?
    Turn off Wi-Fi calling
    Turn off VoLTE

In doing so it makes your phone take all calls over the more stable 4G service. And hopefully fixes your issues.
    07-26-2017 11:09 PM
    I had issues too. it was opposite for me ,once I turned ON wifi calling it fixed it. We have 1 bar reception in my areas though.
    07-29-2017 12:53 AM