hi! i have a brand new LGV20 that replaced my V10 that inexplicably died yesterday. with both devices i have been unable to get ANDROID FILE TRANSFER to work. last week with my V10 i gave up and took the microSD out to remove some pics. today i am experiencing the same exact problems...AFT doesn't recognize device or cant access storage. i have tried every solution on the internet including USB debugging etc. i have already unplugged and plugged in the USB cable on this new V20 so many times i fear i am wearing out the connection.

1 is there any meaningful way to transfer several files between a mac and an android? i've used airdroid for years and its great but not for entire folders etc (in my experience)

2 should i just switch to an iphone? i think i have two weeks to decide. i don't have to transfer files that often but the incompatibility with all of my computers is rapidly becoming a hindrance

thank you!!
    07-12-2017 09:44 AM
    From what I have seen, the interface between iOS computers and Android devices are hit and miss. What are you looking to transfer? Photos?
    07-12-2017 10:41 AM
    mostly yes...photos and music to my SD card. i am using airdroid at this moment and it seems to be working fairly well. however i noticed i have two SD card listings: "SD card" and "external SD". do you know if thats because this SD card came out of my bricked LGV10?

thank you!!

transferring files from a mac-screen-shot-2017-07-12-9.06.06-am.png
    07-12-2017 11:08 AM
    Why don't you use Google Drive? 100GB free for a year.
    07-12-2017 11:18 AM
    haven't considered that. i assumed it was a cloud drive. it will manage my internal and SD card files? i should also explore dropbox i suppose...

thank you.
    07-12-2017 11:29 AM
    In your picture 'SD Card' likely refers to the internal storage and 'External SD' refers to the actual (physical) SD card. Android can be strange about that.

If you're already invested in the Apple ecosystem it would make sense to just get an iPhone and not have to deal with interoperability issues.
    07-12-2017 11:40 AM
    haven't considered that. i assumed it was a cloud drive. it will manage my internal and SD card files? i should also explore dropbox i suppose...

thank you.
    Google photos allows unlimited space for photos as long as you keep the size to the default setting. You can also set it to upload on WiFi only.
    07-12-2017 01:56 PM
    AirDroid works for me for transferring the odd file. I don't sync photos or music since I live in the Google ecosystem.
    08-10-2017 01:02 AM
    Why would you pay for an overpriced iOS device? Try Commander One Pro. Very easy & straightforward. There's also Syncmate, or other suggestions already mentioned here. Just bear in mind cloud services may require much longer to synchronise for large(r) files, so I use USB only. Also, from past experience, AFT doesn't work if connected via USB hubs, meaning AFT only recognises devices if they are plugged in to your Mac directly.
    09-04-2017 08:19 PM
    Why would you pay for an overpriced iOS device? Try Commander One Pro. Very easy & straightforward. There's also Syncmate, or other suggestions already mentioned here. Just bear in mind cloud services may require much longer to synchronise for large(r) files, so I use USB only. Also, from past experience, AFT doesn't work if connected via USB hubs, meaning AFT only recognises devices if they are plugged in to your Mac directly.
    i will check those out. i concur, AFT only seemed to work when plugged directly into my mac. but it hasnt in so long i've given up. will look at commander one pro this weekend. thank you!!
    09-22-2017 08:17 AM