Could anyone upload some photo samples from LG V20?

damev

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately all reviews regarding to camera of LG V20 are totally useless (for example V20 review on AndroidCentral, AndroidAuthority, PhoneArena, and all other websites), because the full resolution photo samples are not available. GSMArena is the only exception, because they always upload the full resolution photos, but unfortunately there is not much photo sample from V20 so it's not really helpful.

Although there is the "LG V20 - Camera shots! Show us your pictures" sticky thread on this forum, it also isn't helpful, because it does not contain the full resolution photos. Most photos there are downsampled to around 1024x768.

Could you upload some photo samples with the normal camera (so not the wide angle) in auto mode from your V20 to an image share site where I can see the original full size photos?

Here are some ideas to take photos.
Outdoor photos taken in a large area scene where the camera can capture a lot of details (street, park with trees, grass).
Indoor, no light, LED flash only photos (unfortunately absolutely no reviewers test this scene). This photo should be taken from about 3-5 meters of distance. It is the best way to test the LED flash.
Also, another photo indoor, LED flash off, indoor lighting.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just signed up for Flickr to make this reply. I've posted many of these in the photo thread here, but these should show you full resolution (unless Flickr is doing some compression I'm not aware of).

https://flic.kr/s/aHskYEw7dw

The one thing to keep in mind with my pictures is I don't use auto mode, especially on the V20. Auto mode on this phone applies a noise reduction that can be rather aggressive sometimes, which can lead to a loss of image quality. I shoot in manual mode to avoid this, but will still let it auto expose a lot of times. It's essentially full auto without the noise reduction.

I also don't typically point and shoot. I take some time to really set up a shot when time allows, and love using lighting effects. While normally I do minor editing for color and such, I made sure to upload the unedited photos to this Flickr album.

Since you asked about the flash, I included two with the LED flash. It's the ones with me in the center and the two light circles behind me, and one of my basement ceiling when I was doing a green light "spirograph." I don't use the flash much, so that's the best I could help with that. In both cases, it was otherwise completely dark.

If you have any more questions or requests, I'll upload additional samples if possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon