Lg V20 Bluetooth problems

Kyle Workman

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG V20 and it has a problem when connecting to my car stereo. It shows it's connected and playing on the phone and on the stereo but it had no sound coming through. It works as soon as I disconnect and reconnect however. Didn't have this problem with my S5 sport. i think it's the stereo not the phone but I just think it's weird.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had similar problems with mine, but I just got the stereo in my work truck (Good ol' aux cable in my car) and not sure where the problem lies. It seems to be most prevalent if I have the key in accessory to listen with the motor off, then immediately start it up. That temporary power cut and reboot of the radio seems to screw with the connecting handshakes.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been having BT problems too especially when syncing my miniHD speaker to my phone. I'm able to get maybe 7 minutes of streaming then suddenly the BT turns off while I'm the shower. It's so annoying. I did a test this morning and synced the speaker to my Note 5. It it played seamlessly throughout my entire shower. Everytime I go and mess with the BT settings, I get some alert saying android.app.settings or w/E has stopped responding. Not very happy with my LGV20 right now.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Subaru. half the time it plays but no sounds. turning the stereo on d off brings the sound back. Other times it will play but crash if I try to change the channel. Always using Pandora by the way.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Best thing to do is unpair with your car or speaker, delete the pair and restart your phone and device then try to re-pair and connect. Usually fixes BT issues for me.

David

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've been having BT problems too especially when syncing my miniHD speaker to my phone. I'm able to get maybe 7 minutes of streaming then suddenly the BT turns off while I'm the shower. It's so annoying. I did a test this morning and synced the speaker to my Note 5. It it played seamlessly throughout my entire shower. Everytime I go and mess with the BT settings, I get some alert saying android.app.settings or w/E has stopped responding. Not very happy with my LGV20 right now.

Is that the only device you are having problems with.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
So you have not tired it with any other blue tooth device?
Well, the Bluetooth works fine for my Jabra Wave Headset for the ear, My Q Wander Fossil Watch, and my Samsung Level U Pro ANC wireless headset. Tapping the 'My Rogue' label doesn't always work and so sometimes I have to disconnect my Bluetooth entirely and then reconnect in order for my device to connect to my SUV.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't disconnect but sometimes downloaded podcasts will just stop for no reason. Might need to hit play on 5 or 6x to hear it all

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
anybody figure this out?
i'm having the same issues connecting to my bmw x5. sound cuts out. phone still playing. have to close apps or disconnect and reconnect to get sound back on.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
anybody figure this out?
i'm having the same issues connecting to my bmw x5. sound cuts out. phone still playing. have to close apps or disconnect and reconnect to get sound back on.

Bluetooth problems are tough. Sometimes it's the car, sometimes it's the phone. You can try it in different cars to see if it's just an incompatibility with a specific car. Did it ever work in your car or something that stopped?

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i've used the v20 with one other bluetooth speaker and i dont think i had issues. but on my bmw, i've had issues with 2 different v20s. maybe my bmw just dont like v20s. never had problems with samsungs.
i can try asking bmw dealer if they know anything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance