Orange hue near edge of screen

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Nothing you can do other than keep the brightness down and not have the screen on as long. Which I don't care to do. So I just deal with it. It's not a defect really. At least it recovers unlike amoled.

Yeah, good point. Darn, I usually use it for long times, but my brightness is usually on low.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Might be able to exchange on warranty, but this appears to be a common problem so it'll like just occur again after some time passes.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Looks like more screen retention at the top of my screen, and next to thr PM it say 9: and then some mixed numbers hard to see in picture.

Attachments

• 69646.jpg
    69646.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 23

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Every time I get into my car I drove for at least 30 mins with Waze running. This is when I got home tonight.
e58aea10523a472f8ce87de8bdeb8425.jpg

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I now have screen retention on the second screen where it has my signature, I can see it in the background when its not on that specific tab.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
LG- Screen Retention Issue

Hello, I know I've been posting here a lot, and I'm sorry to be annoying a few of you, but I just looked up about the V20's and V10's screen retention, and I have seen multiple people report about having screen retention, specifically on the top status bar, bottom button bar (black bar with thr back button, etc.) And the side of the phone, from top to bottom. I can't see why LG hasn't done much about this at all, since it's more than just the 4 or 5 people who are reporting this issue here. I have played, and am currently paying, for this phone, and so have other people. I'd prefer not to have these issues, and prefer not to have to get a used LG V20 and send mine in, which is in perfect condition other than the screen retention issue. Even the screen is in pristine condition, as well as the camera glass on the back. I just don't want to deal with this, and up until now I have been one of many people who haven't had an issue at all with the phone. From what I have seen is that my screen issue will get worse, as it has been in the past week, so I'm not 100% on what I'm going to do yet.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe this is common in the years I've used Android and followed various forums, I've never heard about this being a problem with LCD screens. With the V20, all of a sudden people are bringing it up. That doesn't sound normal. That sounds like a problem with the V20 production based on the numbers we're hearing reported.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe this is common in the years I've used Android and followed various forums, I've never heard about this being a problem with LCD screens. With the V20, all of a sudden people are bringing it up. That doesn't sound normal. That sounds like a problem with the V20 production based on the numbers we're hearing reported.
V10 had same problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney