Can someone check this setting on their Nougat V20?

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
On Nougat V20 can you check google map settings-->Navigation settings and see if the "Play voice over bluetooth" option is missing?

From what i have seen 7.0 removes this and you can no longer play directions over the phone if bluetooth is connected.
thanks

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks.. yea on Nougat 7.0 "Play over Bluetooth option" is removed :(
I hear its back in 7.11 which i doubt we will ever see for V10/V20

Here is what i see on my Marshmallow V10. Holding off on updating to Nougat because of this.
Screenshot_2017-07-21-14-28-19.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
On Nougat V20 can you check google map settings-->Navigation settings and see if the "Play voice over bluetooth" option is missing?

From what i have seen 7.0 removes this and you can no longer play directions over the phone if bluetooth is connected.
thanks

Don't have it either but I prefer over bluetooth

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
but the problem is that if you paired your phone with your radio and you have on another source like FM radio, Satellite, or CD then you don't hear any voice turn by turn directions at all..
I don't use of those but if I did I would just turn off bluetooth. I don't know if that works for you

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't use of those but if I did I would just turn off bluetooth. I don't know if that works for you

if you turn off bluetooth then you lose hands free calling.. thats the problem.
there is a workaround.. but you just have to manually make bluetooth setting changes everytime you want to stream any music or media from your phone..

In bluetooth settings you can select what each device is used for, so for your car radio you can select to use for phone calls but not media.. its a workaround, but just annoying when your doing 80 on the highway

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
if you turn off bluetooth then you lose hands free calling.. thats the problem.
there is a workaround.. but you just have to manually make bluetooth setting changes everytime you want to stream any music or media from your phone..

In bluetooth settings you can select what each device is used for, so for your car radio you can select to use for phone calls but not media.. its a workaround, but just annoying when your doing 80 on the highway
I'm using Android auto for the most part and some kind of streaming I forget if Android auto allows you to use FM and Bluetooth at same time.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

thanks

The option is gone but it automatically plays over Bluetooth anyways. When streaming Bluetooth, music volume is cut off when the voice talks, then returns.