MYSTERY "G" in circle (Google?) watermark on screen

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I noticed a very faint, almost like a watermark, "G" on the far left side of the screen in the center. I tried to screen shot it but it won't? Any ideas what this is? Thanks

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a very faint, almost like a watermark, "G" on the far left side of the screen in the center. I tried to screen shot it but it won't? Any ideas what this is? Thanks
Screen burn in. It will go away but it will also happen again.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: MYSTERY "G" in circle (Google?) watermark on screen

Screen burn in. It will go away but it will also happen again.
Burn in is permanent. The V20 looks susceptible to screen retention, which is temporary. It's a minor annoyance, but I'll take it over battery issues (Note 7), bootloops (LG G4), weak USB ports (HTC M8), anything with an AMOLED screen (which is susceptible to burn in), and whatever else is out there. I'm of the opinion that pretty much every modern device has a weak point prone to failing, so pick your poison.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
but there has never really been a "G" logo where it is at. it almost looks like it should be a floating icon for a Google app that is disabled maybe?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Burn in is permanent. The V20 looks susceptible to screen retention, which is temporary. It's a minor annoyance, but I'll take it over battery issues (Note 7), bootloops (LG G4), weak USB ports (HTC M8), anything with an AMOLED screen (which is susceptible to burn in), and whatever else is out there. I'm of the opinion that pretty much every modern device has a weak point prone to failing, so pick your poison.
Screen retention. Sure. Yes and I get it too especially using Waze. But my phone does recover. But it does seem to be more prone to it as time goes on.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Screen retention. Sure. Yes and I get it too especially using Waze. But my phone does recover. But it does seem to be more prone to it as time goes on.
True. Mine is getting it now to the point it shows up just by making a long post on here.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
What's it's from?.... It's been there for weeks on my phone

I have had orange lines on each side of my phone for the past 5 days. Not sure what they are from, but they go away until I start to use the phone for more than an hour, than I end up with the orange lines again. They seem to get a bit darker, as well as longer on my screen.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
so it is burn in? I never had the "G" icon there before though... that's what is confusing me.
It's because the G logo was in his screen for extended periods of time. It will look different based on what is left displayed on the screen for long periods of time, especially with higher brightness levels.