Trading V20 into Verizon

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What are trade in credits?
When they have a sale like trade in certain/any smartphone and get $200 off or whatever. They change all the time, but you may find one that lets you use that towards paying off the current device. Some may only deduct from the new device, and others may come as a preloaded debit card. So just watch the fine print.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Amoled has more of a tendency to have cooler temperatures doesn't it?

Depends how often you use your phone. Mine are on for extended periods of time.

I use my phone a lot. I go through 3 batteries a day sometimes. Maybe its the type of usage.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
AMOLED screens are a tint orange? I don't notice that until blue light filter turns on.
They aren't as bad as they used to be. I tried to file a warranty claim on a Moto Razr Android because it was so bad, and all the service reps said it looked fine. After comparing displays, I exchanged for the Bionic since I was within that timeframe.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not the only person to notice it apparently. A couple other people started a new thread today about it as well. I think it was a big G symbol on the side of the screen.

Make no mistake... I don't doubt you and more than 1 person has experienced it here. Just baffling....

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
When they have a sale like trade in certain/any smartphone and get $200 off or whatever. They change all the time, but you may find one that lets you use that towards paying off the current device. Some may only deduct from the new device, and others may come as a preloaded debit card. So just watch the fine print.

Ok, thank you.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone a lot. I go through 3 batteries a day sometimes. Maybe its the type of usage.
Waze is always on and running every time I'm in my car regardless of where I'm going. It launches automatically when connected to the car Bluetooth.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Verizon had become rather strict on warranty exchanges. The exchange hierarchy is pretty much like this:

Exchange for refurb of identical phone.
If no refurbs are available, exchange for new phone of same model.
If no identical phones are available, exchange for new "comparable" phone.

At this point, you may get some flexibility. They could decide to upgrade you to the next generation model (I.e. V10 to V20), a somewhat lateral move (V20 to G5/6), or try let you try another manufacturer.

Right now in the V20's life, I wouldn't expect anything but refurb roulette.

I'm hoping I can get a different phone though, hopefully an LG G6 or S8, etc. Something with a Snapdragon 835 hopefully.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Odd... I have yet to notice any retention on the G5 or the V20. Does it happen as the phone ages? Had mine since preorder.

My daughter's G5 had bad retention within the first 2 months. She's now had her G6 since launch with no issues.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
My daughter's G5 had bad retention within the first 2 months. She's now had her G6 since launch with no issues.

So what did you guys do with her G5 between then and the G6? I heard the G6 is such a better phone from one of my friends who owns one, he also used to own a G5 as well.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So what did you guys do with her G5 between then and the G6? I heard the G6 is such a better phone from one of my friends who owns one, he also used to own a G5 as well.

The G5 was a replacement for the G4 they had already replaced 3 times due to boot loop. I was eligible for upgrade and the G5 had the retention issues and bad signal issues.

The G6 is better in every way. Past issues seem to have been addressed (so far). After so many problems I was a bit skeptical buying another LG but the G6 has been top notch.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The G5 was a replacement for the G4 they had already replaced 3 times due to boot loop. I was eligible for upgrade and the G5 had the retention issues and bad signal issues.

The G6 is better in every way. Past issues seem to have been addressed (so far). After so many problems I was a bit skeptical buying another LG but the G6 has been top notch.

Sorry you had those issue. Thank you for the info, I have heard lots of good things about the G6, better to hear real customers than reviewers some times.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site
My experience with Verizon was with a v10 which bootlooped. Had to pay off phone, but got a lifetime 25 percent per month credit on my data plan , which I can keep with any plan I might move to. This was not corporate but local manager. Also got 25 per cent off all the new stuff I had to buy with v20. At time paid 576 for v20
You have to work the people at store, they can do lots of things to keep you as customer.
You will have to pay off old phone

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
My experience with Verizon was with a v10 which bootlooped. Had to pay off phone, but got a lifetime 25 percent per month credit on my data plan , which I can keep with any plan I might move to. This was not corporate but local manager. Also got 25 per cent off all the new stuff I had to buy with v20. At time paid 576 for v20
You have to work the people at store, they can do lots of things to keep you as customer.
You will have to pay off old phone

Ok, thank you, I thought I might have to though. I'll probably do it online, then I will have to see about going to trade it in at Best Buy or something. Thanks again