WiFi interfering with cellular signal?

Anthow68

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
For the past few months, I'd been having problems with my AT&T V20 fluctuating between 4g and LTE while at home. So much so, that the standby battery drain over night was about 40-50%. I have been through three V20s and three batteries trying to solve this issue. A workaround I found was using the V20 Hidden Menu app to turn off LTE while at home. This brought the phone back to normal in regards to battery life.

I bought a pretty high end router back in March and a co-worker of mine suggested changing the wifi channel and see if that helped. What do you know, it did. I now get LTE consistently at home and my battery life problems are gone.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this? Doesn't make sense as the frequencies are so different.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
The short answer is yes, it does, at least I was able to prove it on my Verizon 20.

I had terrible call quality whenever wifi was turned on. Didn't matter if it was connected or not. It was suggested to turn off wifi calling, which I did but it did not make a difference. Turning off VoLTE did not make a difference either. I began to notice that some of my calls were better than mine and I looked at what the variable was. It turned out to be that wifi was turned on. Turning it off led to a dramatic improvement in call quality but constantly remembering to turn wifi on and off was very frustrating.

My solution was to use IFTT to turn wifi off whenever I make or receive a call and turn it back on when the call is ended. Now, it works perfectly for me. Call quality is what it should be.

David