Just moved to TMobile and my V20 does not get WIFI Calling

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
HI all

Just moved TMobile and was thinking I would get WIFI calling on the V20 but NOOOOOOOOO the Nugut 7.0 does not have that feature anymore, bastards at google!!!!!!!

What other options are there for a app for wifi calling?

My sons V10 has it because he is on 6.0 MM

I got 2 lines unlimited everything for $55.00 under their 55 and over plan they just came out with yesterday (Wednesday) and I was paying $59.54 go pro plan with att all in. Sweet

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
HI all

Just moved TMobile and was thinking I would get WIFI calling on the V20 but NOOOOOOOOO the Nugut 7.0 does not have that feature anymore, bastards at google!!!!!!!

I got 2 lines unlimited everything for $55.00 under their 55 and over plan they just came out with yesterday (Wednesday) and I was paying $59.54 go pro plan with att all in. Sweet
My V20 has it. I'm with AT&T.
43033ebe3f68b194772ea59b36073443.jpg

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
HI all

Are you saying you moved your V20 from another carrier to T Mobile. If that's what you meant that is the reason it doesn't work. It has nothing to do with Nougat...that is a carrier feature and each model has slightly different software to enable and support it.

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
T-Mo here. V20 absolutely has WiFi calling. Not sure what details you leaving out but it is definitely available on this phone and carrier.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
well its not there i was on att prepaid plan and they did not offer that unless you got on their normal billing and now that I switched to tmobile that function is not there
We looked and googled it and its not there on the us996 model with 7.0

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
from others:
I am attempting to enable Wifi-Calling on my US996, which has the feature listed, but AT&T wants me to enable "Enhanced LTE Service" from the Settings>Networks>More page, but I don't see it.
How does one enable this in the absence of the menu item? I used QuickShortcutMaker to find a hidden menu for LTE services, but the toast message says "Sorry. You cannot launch this activity from this app because it requires some additional permissions to launch."

You can't. You need to be using there V20 which has it built into the settings. Why don't you have their model? You probably have a Verizon phone unlocked don't you? Once you put in the sim card it's At&t's rules

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
from others:
I am attempting to enable Wifi-Calling on my US996, which has the feature listed, but AT&T wants me to enable "Enhanced LTE Service" from the Settings>Networks>More page, but I don't see it.
How does one enable this in the absence of the menu item? I used QuickShortcutMaker to find a hidden menu for LTE services, but the toast message says "Sorry. You cannot launch this activity from this app because it requires some additional permissions to launch."

You can't. You need to be using there V20 which has it built into the settings. Why don't you have their model? You probably have a Verizon phone unlocked don't you? Once you put in the sim card it's At&t's rules

You need a T Mobile device

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
my phone is not a tmobile phone 6.0 mm has it on my LGV10 I gave to my son but 7.0 nugut does not on the factory unlocked phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
my phone is not a tmobile phone 6.0 mm has it on my LGV10 I gave to my son but 7.0 nugut does not on the factory unlocked phone

Nougat has nothing to do with it. It was modified to be compatible with AT&T. You can do WI-FI calling with What's App as long as the person you are calling has it.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, why do you even need it if you have unlimited calling/everything. I have a Verizon V20 and had nothing but problems and poor call quality DUE TO wifi calling. Once I disabled it, everything works great.

David

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Oh well I can still use my BBM for wifi calling and my Signal app for wifi calling to my contacts.
I guess having a unlocked phone is not always best especially getting OS and security patch updates

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, why do you even need it if you have unlimited calling/everything. I have a Verizon V20 and had nothing but problems and poor call quality DUE TO wifi calling. Once I disabled it, everything works great.

David
Because it isn't about saving minutes and whatnot... It's about having signal.

If you have a cell signal sure all is well but if you aren't in an area with cell but have wifi.. well.. yeah.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

David

My brother's house gets a poor signal. My friend's summer cabin has no signal.
Its great for use when you are staying at a resort in a foreign country and they have WIFI so that you can make calls.
It depends on your lifestyle and its one of the reasons I don't buy unlocked.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's a shame it's done this way, but every carrier has a slightly different protocol for handing calls off between cell and WiFi, and their branded phones have the correct firmware baked in to support their implementation of WiFi calling.

I had the same thing with my AT&T Note 4 when I used Mint (T-Mobile MVNO) for a while. No WiFi calling. Which wasn't good because signal inside my rural, aluminum-sided house is basically nonexistent unless you are near the repeater or at a window facing a cell tower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21