I have a new LG V20 and neither the default Home Screen nor the Home Screen & App Drawer will auto-rotate. All other apps rotate fine with the auto-rotation system setting activated, only the home screen won't rotate for some reason.

Any ideas?
    08-11-2017 04:47 PM
    🙋Those screens are not designed to rotate. Or are they designed to on the V20?
    08-11-2017 06:26 PM
    My home screen rotates fine on my LG G2, Nexus 7, and all other droid phones we've had. I'm guessing the V20's "Home Screen & App Drawer" isn't designed to rotate?
    So does anyone have suggestions for decent home screens (app launchers, if I get the term right?) that DO rotate?
    PS I'm the OP, just created the post where I couldn't access my login info.)
    belodion likes this.
    08-12-2017 11:44 AM
    I'll move the thread to the V20 forum.

It's such a basic question about Android devices, whether the Home screens rotate, and yet I find that I'm not sure, perhaps because I hardly ever try. The phone I was using last night, either a Nexus 5 or an LG G3, when I answered your first post, did not.
    08-12-2017 12:22 PM
    I have a new LG V20 and neither the default Home Screen nor the Home Screen & App Drawer will auto-rotate. All other apps rotate fine with the auto-rotation system setting activated, only the home screen won't rotate for some reason.

Any ideas?
    It does not rotate on the V20 with the stock launcher. It rotates with Nova Launcher.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 02:04 PM

Any ideas?
    You can't rotate it. The only way is to download a 3rd party launcher such as Nova Launcher.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 05:16 PM
    My home screen rotates fine on my LG G2, Nexus 7, and all other droid phones we've had. I'm guessing the V20's "Home Screen & App Drawer" isn't designed to rotate?
    So does anyone have suggestions for decent home screens (app launchers, if I get the term right?) that DO rotate?
    PS I'm the OP, just created the post where I couldn't access my login info.)
    I've used Nova Launcher and it's one of the best launchers out there, endless options for customization and icon packs. The only thing is that I can't get LG knock to work with any other launcher.

BTW I recommend Pixel Icon Pack along with Nova Launcher, they have very nice icons.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-12-2017 05:18 PM
    Nova launcher is awesome set the gesture double tap to lock screen and you can knock on and knock off !
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-13-2017 05:10 PM
    You guys are very helpful and I hope to try Nova tomorrow and see if I can get knocking working as well. At worst, I can always revert back if need be, no worse off than I am now, lol.

Seriously, though, I appreciate the help. I'll report back with the results when I can.
    08-13-2017 11:12 PM
    I've used Nova Launcher Prime on all my Android devices, even on my devices running stock Android (Nexus and Moto).

I'm also using it on my V20. (I'm using Lines icons, so the icons look different), but here's a screenshot showing the app drawer does indeed rotate with Nova.

08-13-2017 11:45 PM