Bootloop or Any Other Issues?

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting my nephew this phone. Has anyone experience any boot loop problems or lag or would advise against getting him this phone?

He'd only use it for music, YouTube and Instagram.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There was a slight question about the camera glass spontaneously shattering soon after launch, but it seems to be a very small number of cases, most of which questionable to the "spontaneous" claim (I.e. You can make out an impact point). In either case, it blew over rather quick and I haven't heard of any continuing issues about it. Now it seems the widest spread issue is screen retention of static images. It's not a permanent burn in, as it does go away when you turn the screen off for a while.

Otherwise it's a very solid and well performing phone. I do have the screen retention issue on mine, but I'd still recommend it over most anything out there today. The retention is only a minor annoyance, and it packs more features than most other phones.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've seen those reports on some older threads, but I wasn't scared away and bought a new unlocked V20 last week, since I needed a new phone. The features appealed to me, as did the price.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting my nephew this phone. Has anyone experience any boot loop problems or lag or would advise against getting him this phone?

He'd only use it for music, YouTube and Instagram.

Nope, zero problems. The bootloop was fixed starting with the G5. No real cases of booploops. Only the G4 and V10 had the bootloop defect, but LG was replacing them for free. Honestly, any phone can bootloop but there could be reasons why (failed OS update, trying to root it, exposing it to extreme temps). LG recommends that you use good quality USB C cables and not cheap/generic cables when you charge your device. Doing so may damage the phone. Pretty confident the V20 and newer LG phones won't experience this issue (LG is confident and backing up some LG G6 phones with 2 year warranty). I have an LG Optimus Fuel that's over 2 years old and it still works, I use it everyday as a music streamer and alarm clock.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Have had mine since it's launch last fall. NO problems.
Get a V20 while you can, I'll be keeping mine even if I "up-grade".
Lateck,

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My cat likes to eat the power cord.
Sadly, so does mine. I'm afraid to add up the cost of all of the electronics that she's destroyed (multiple routers, laptop power brick, CAT 5 cabling (no pun intended), TV antenna, scanner power brick, HEPA filters - the list is practically endless).

Other than replacing the cat, have you found a good solution?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think there were more verified cases of camera glass breaking than V20's bootlooping, and I think I can still count those on one hand.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis