I had a long road trip this week and I experienced several crashes of google maps along with some seriously slow performance. I'm wondering if the phone may have been overheating. I was using offline maps and had it on the charger. I rebooted the phone a couple times on the drive.

I was also driving through areas that had poor AT&T coverage. Apparently AT&T doesn't serve Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    08-24-2017 02:44 PM
    It seems like the issue is not phone specific....a quick Google search shows that there's quite a few complaints about the App....have you tried clearing out cache or posting in one of these support forums:
    https://support.google.com/maps/foru...Tljgzco/?hl=en

Also keep in mind that when you're offline the phone can't use the assisted GPS that pings the cell towers for location. It would have to rely entirely upon the embedded GPS chipset for location which would need a direct link to a positioning satellite in orbit. In other words, your phone would need to be in an open space for the best coverage. If you're driving, mounting the phone close to the windshield could help.
    08-26-2017 10:27 AM
    I had it windshield mounted on the drive but I was also in some very remote areas with offline maps running.

But I think having it mounted in the window in direct sunlight with nav and charging may have been overheating the phone. In trying to restart the app and reboot the phone it was very slow/sluggish at the time.
    08-29-2017 10:39 AM