Why when I try to send a picture instead of sending it just says waiting?

empathicspam

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I tried to send a picture to my friends on my Lg v20 but instead of sending it just says "waiting" then nsays failed to send. I restarted my phone to try to fix it but it didnt work. I do have my mobile data on.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried to send a picture to my friends on my Lg v20 but instead of sending it just says "waiting" then nsays failed to send. I restarted my phone to try to fix it but it didnt work. I do have my mobile data on.

Try a different app to rule out the app

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What model of V20 and what carrier?

If it's not the carrier-issued one, you may have a problem with the MMS settings in the Access Point (APN) configuration. That would cause a problem only sending MMS (pictures over your texting app).

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a good signal? If I have a poor data signal, photos won't send and will have a perpetual "sending" animation in my texting app. Moving to a better signal doesn't work either, as it's completely hung up. I have to start and send a new MMS to get the photo to go through.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Not that it's a solution for everyone but using an application like WhatsApp, which will send pictures/messages over WiFi, might be a workaround for folks in a lousy cellular signal area.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Go to settings > mobile data > messaging and enable unrestricted usage and then go to settings> general > apps, then click show system, then go to messaging and enable all permissions.

Greedog

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Get the VPN settings from your carrier and enter them in manually. I had the same issue until this morning. My phone signal was crap as well. I had to reboot my phone because it would eventually loose the spotty signal I had.

Ever since I did this my phone not only has not dropped the phone signal but I can now send and receive MMS messages.

Just Google the VPN settings for your provider. It worked for me.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thx everyone. I can send pics! Now if I can only figure out how to get WiFi calling to work!

Do you have the model of phone issued by your carrier?

If so, it should "just work" - though you might possibly have to call your carrier and have WiFi calling "provisioned" to your line, and they may want you to change SIMs if yours is an older SIM.

If not (if you have an unlocked, or you are using one carrier's phone on another carrier's network), then you are probably out of luck. WiFi calling is a very carrier-specific implementation.